Search results

1. M

2010 Jetta TDI Radio stopped working suddenly

I had mine die , 2011 sportswagen tdi. I have the 1K0 035 180AC. Phone still connects but radio is completely dead. I found in a junkyard a 1K0 035 188H. I think from what i read it should work. i got the code from the VW dealership. anyone know for certain if it will work?
  2. M

Anyone From Manitoba???

Good to see there is some of us on the site. I live in St. Andrews, purchased very recently the tdi Jetta to save at the pump. Really enjoying the car so far. My big project i want to do is upgrade my the premium 7 6cd without satellite (mix button instead of sat button )to a rcd 510. My car...
  3. M

Stupid door Switch!! $3 Fix!!!

good find, seems to be only for Passat, not sure if compatible with 2006 Jetta.
  4. M

Easter egg - auxilary heater?

It seems like there are some different opinions on the 2006 or 2009 NA Jetta and whether or not it has Aux heat. It would be good to know once and for all which models do or don't have it. I am going to check my car and report back. I have the 2006 Jetta Highline climatic control from Canada. If...
  5. M

06 Jetta Won't warm up in Winter. Normal?

I am liking the frostheater and/or idparts winter grill cover option. I literally bought my car yesterday so I will check to see if its got the auxiliary heater. I don't think so as the owner said it wasn't great in slow stop and go traffic at staying warm. From what I understand it would be...
  6. M

06 Jetta Won't warm up in Winter. Normal?

Hello just bought a 2006 Jetta TDI. I live in Canada so winters are cold. previous owner said takes time for car to warm up. I checked out frostheater.com but is seems to be an inline heater and nothing to do with increasing heat output as it appears these cars struggle in stop and go traffic...
  7. M

climate Control upgrade

WOW! yeah, that's way more then I want to take on. Oh well.
  8. M

climate Control upgrade

Thanks Ol'Rattler, has anyone ever upgraded from Climatic to Climatronic before? I not sure I want tpo go through the hassle but depending on how crazy it is I may consider it.
  9. M

HowTo: RNS-510 Installation + Coding ('09 Jetta)

Hey a couple of questions that I am hoping you can help out with. I am probably getting the RCD-510 . Most people are doing this for an 09 but my car it he 06 highline with steering wheel controls. I live in Canada an most of the cars come with this radio (I believe it s called vw127u) or...
  10. M

climate Control upgrade

OK just finalizing the purchase of a 2009 Jetta TDI Highline and I am already thinking about upgrades. The climate control system is controlled by 3 knobs with raised pointer sections that indicate what you have selected. above three knobs are heated seats and i believe which vents air blows...
  11. M

The car audio thread...

I saw that about the am radio. No big loss as I rarely if ever listen to am. The stock radio has satellite and I believe Bluetooth (just bought car yesterday, still at shop getting safety done). But the radio is very basic with physical knobs for bass /treble control and a small screen. the...
  12. M

Anyone From Manitoba???

Just seeing if any members from Manitoba around
  13. M

The car audio thread...

I have a 2009 tdi Highline that I am looking to put this into: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Button-OEM-RCD510-Car-radio-with-USB-Reverse-Image-for-VW-Jetta-Golf-MK6-/161403791232?fits=Year%3A2009%7CMake%3AVolkswagen%7CModel%3AJetta&hash=item25946a6780&vxp=mtr There are many different...