Search results

1. L

Cooling fan turns on and off

to start this off, my parents have an 06 Jetta tdi and I noticed when you drive it the fan turns on and off a lot. My dad said when you turn the car off while the fan is on, it should turn back on when you start the car. The fan doesn’t turn back on after turning the car back on. Is this a sign...
  2. L

Quantity adjuster issues

I haven’t had time to mess with it at all but I will have try that when I do.
  3. L

Quantity adjuster issues

I will have to look around, would you be able to tell me which relay is for the fuel pump? Can’t seem to figure it out
  4. L

Quantity adjuster issues

It could be the slave but it seemed to work just fine before I swapped the motor? I’ll have to check it out
  5. L

Quantity adjuster issues

How would I do that?
  6. L

Quantity adjuster issues

Any input on bleeding the clutch? Just goes straight to the floor and can’t seem to get it bled
  7. L

Quantity adjuster issues

My father had said he didn’t think it was the pump either, I haven’t been able to do anything yet because I would need a sprocket puller to get it off, anyways I think I read something in a forum about pulling it or bump starting it and force the fuel through? Although my other problem with that...
  8. L

Quantity adjuster issues

am I able to take off the QA bolts and pull it out? Or would I have to take apart the IP and remove it?
  9. L

Quantity adjuster issues

I’m going to look at the head before I replace anything, so while I was trying to start the car before, it would not prime, could that mean the QA isn’t giving off the correct reading and it needs to be replaced? I have to extra QA I can change out if that could be the problem
  10. L

Quantity adjuster issues

I hadn’t cleared the codes before the swap but the quantity adjuster code was never there before I changed the engine, my father has a rebuilt IP also, it has been sitting for a few years with no fuel in it, would all the seals still be good since it’s never had fuel touch anything? I did the...
  11. L

Quantity adjuster issues

I’m most likely going to pull the head and replace it with my dads, he has a fully rebuilt head sitting on his other car that I could use to replace
  12. L

Quantity adjuster issues

No I did not, after i bought a new belt and timed it I took a 3/4 socket and turned the crankshaft and felt nothing hitting after 2 full revolutions, I’ve never changed valves so that’ll be and experience
  13. L

Quantity adjuster issues

My dad actually has a head that was rebuild for the same motor I could replace if they are bad but it’s a no start condition and everything is in time, I’m guessing it made contact but I will check the lifter for damage
  14. L

Quantity adjuster issues

I have a 1998 VW Jetta tdi 1.9 manual. I had swapped another ahu motor into the car because my other motor was no good. As said I was doing a timing belt job because the motor had been sitting for some time, my father said it had ran strong when he had it, unfortunately he couldn’t find a body...
  15. L

Timing

Turns out it was coolant steam and as for the smoke by the injectors, the car was burning off all the excess oil on and around the engine, and the car spitters while idling I’m not sure what could cause that but in one of my other forums before I timed the car I mentioned when I was driving I...
  16. L

Timing

My buddy has one of those, I can ask him to use it so I can do a leak down test, I’ll give it a try in the morning, thanks for the help and worst case scenario my dad has a rebuilt head in his rusted out 98 Jetta tdi so I can change it but I hope I don’t have too!
  17. L

Timing

How would I go about that? And I believe it’s just normal coolant steam. Still smoking somewhere around the injectors
  18. L

Timing

I b I believe it was just coolant steam, that’s my bad. But it still smoke around the injectors
  19. L

Timing

How would I go about doing that? And would I be able to use a obd2 scanner? I don’t have a laptop for a vcds plug in.
  20. L

Timing

As for that the smoke is coming out of the coolant reservoir and where the oil cap is, also still by the injectors, runs fine when you first start it but after you rev it or start driving, then it sputters and blows white smoke out of the tailpipe. Heard it could be the head gasket or the head...