Search results

1. akjdouglass

remaining miles or time before service

Not specific to any particular service. I think the interval can be adjusted with VCDS. Use the maintenance schedule for your car. With a 10k mile service interval, the service reminder isn't really needed anyway...
  2. akjdouglass

Just Bought Used TDI that was low on oil. Need some advice about getting motor flushed and as clean as possible.

***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]*** | TDIClub Forums
  3. akjdouglass

Just Bought Used TDI that was low on oil. Need some advice about getting motor flushed and as clean as possible.

5k oil changes, 60k timing belt changes, 20k DSG flushes, 20K tire changes, 24 month batteries, 15k brake fluid flushes, etc., etc.... Where will it end? There is nothing magical about oil changes. Cutting the intervals in half (or more) will not increase the life of your engine.
  4. akjdouglass

Continuing COVID changing your driving habits?

Terrifying! I'll hide in my basement for six months while running for president.
  5. akjdouglass

To some, flying the American Flag implies support of slavery and genocide. In my opinion, supporting the slaughter of unborn children is no worse than slavery or genocide, yet many fly the "right to choose" flag without shame. My sense of self is not based on the merits or shortcomings of my...
  6. akjdouglass

LOL, after you bashed others for their political views and lack of education throughout this thread. You could put half of TDIClub members in what some would call a "basket of deplorables". You know, the ones you suggested "confiscate their confederate and **** flags and give them a well...
  7. akjdouglass

Were you in Washington Jan. 6th, or attending a mostly peaceful protest elsewhere?
  8. akjdouglass

I’m baaaaack! Any advice? What did I miss???

I used Malone but there's other tuners out there. Buzzken sells a package that includes upgrade options. Stage 2 requires additional tuning for a DSG, another $400 or so. Stock airbox works just fine, no intake mods needed. I used VCDS for comfort turn signals, window/sunroof closing with key...
  9. akjdouglass

If the extended warranty means anything to you, don't delete until the Dieselgate warranty has expired. A stage 2 tune is more than enough power for me and fuel economy is even better than it was before Dieselgate. Other than delete and tune, it's pretty much regular maintenance and whatever...
  10. akjdouglass

Look for more frequent regens and lower fuel economy than pre-fix TDI's. My pre-fix occasional intercooler icing issue became a regular, predictable occurence after the fix. Delete cures all of these issues.
  11. akjdouglass

My driving habits didn't change at all due to covid, except for the opportunities to drive 100+ mph when the roads were empty last year. As mentioned earlier in this thread, if longevity and increasing quality of life is high on our list of priorities, covid protocols are the green fruit at...
  12. akjdouglass

CR170 turbo & full rawtek exhaust

OP last visited site Sept. 9, 2020, so it's not very likely you'll get a response.
  13. akjdouglass

Benefits of additives and which best to use?

Do they switch to D1 fuel in your area? We get it here in Missouri. Even so, plenty of locals get stranded when the temps get "cold". Not sure what the gel points of D1 or D2 are, but I think the vehicles gelling up aren't DD's and probably have a full tank of D2 when the weather sneaks up on...
  14. akjdouglass

To Gamble or Not to Gamble on Wheel Bearing Remaining Life

Tires can make one think a wheel bearing is bad, too. I reluctantly replaced tires on a 1-ton farm truck because I was commuting to a jobsite 70 miles away. Ride improved drastically and all the weird growling noises went away. One front tire had a busted sidewall I'd been ignoring because it...
  15. akjdouglass

Who’s going to Tesla after their current TDI?

My 2014 Jetta (purchased new) is almost 7 years old. Going to take a LOT more than 8+ years for me to consider it worthy of disposing and replacing with a rechargeable appliance.
  16. akjdouglass

Benefits of additives and which best to use?

Considering the cost per mile for additives is quite low, there's certainly no harm in using one. If nothing else, an additive can help prevent fuel gelling in cold climates (likely not a factor for the OP). Benefits are endlessly debatable and personal preference is the only way to find which...
  17. akjdouglass

Or when the State of Missouri wanted to levy a statewide tax to build a new stadium as an "incentive" for the billionaire owners of the Rams to keep the team in St. Louis. If EV's are to be a success, it will happen in due time without government incentives which help line the pockets of Musk...
  18. akjdouglass

To Gamble or Not to Gamble on Wheel Bearing Remaining Life

Nothing wrong with thinking. You're not alone in wanting to keep everything in tip-top shape, it's just that some are better at knowing which parts require regular attention and which parts can be "ignored" until repair/replacement is needed. Fix_Until_Broke is a username of another member...
  19. akjdouglass

Dreamers, go ahead and drive your electric crap to to moon if you want, just stop expecting the rest of us to pay for it.