Search results

1. R

South Bend stage 2 daily

Here's a vote for the SBC stage 2 Endurance. I believe the diference is the End has a Kevlar friction disk. The Daily is more conventional softer material. >60k of hard driving and towing, never a hint of slippage. I've got miles of pedal left, I fully expect another 60+k out of it.
  2. R

Where can I buy a decent Jetta MK4 trailer hitch (within the USA St. Louis region)?

777, Oh it's a blast too drive! :) With less than 200k on it should see me out, lol, I just turned 69. If I make it another 10yrs I'll be beating "avg life expectancy". Put a lot of money into it when I got it ~5yrs ago, but been worth every cent. Runs great, keep up with the maintenance...
  3. R

Malone stage 4 and consistant hot IAT

Vwkaferman, I'd suggest you check this out before you pay Kerma's, or Tunemyeuro's prices...
  4. R

Where can I buy a decent Jetta MK4 trailer hitch (within the USA St. Louis region)?

777Funk, That sounds about right, it will include the replacement bumper as seen in your 2nd pic, post #12. When I was looking for one, all the American available offerings had the "quick remove" swan neck. For the then $200 difference, I went with the bolt on neck. The vertical bar isn't...
  5. R

Ayup. You'll need the wiring for the lights, be sure to get a VW specific kit. IIRC I got mine at U-Haul, <$20.
  6. R

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Diesel Fumes, The speedo is off by about 3-4mph, the odometer is pretty much right on.
  7. R

Your pics show why capacity is ~ double for the Euro style hitch. The TDI will easily tow over a ton, but I wouldn't try it with the American style.
  8. R

Guessing here that if you went to custom alloy hard pipes and went up a size for the turbo>intercooler and ic>intake they might radiate more heat, thus lowering temps a bit. Mind you, running with 100f ambient temps is going to be hard to get the temps down. I suppose this is where water...
  9. R

"Any ideas? " What intake you running? More air and or a bigger turbo,,,,,,,,,,
  10. R

What did you do to your MKIV today?

With the help of some windex, found the nail that was causing my slow leak in one tire. My guru and sidekick Norm were instrumental, I was convinced that it had to be leaking from around the bead and needed to take the tire off and repaint the rim lip. Tire is getting close to the wear bars...
  11. R

Who’s going to Tesla after their current TDI?

https://www.drivingelectric.com/aston-martin/rapide Howzabout one of these as a chick magnet?
  12. R

difference between manual and auto alh?

"Manual cars have 3 glow plugs that are used to warm up the coolant faster on start up. It's not needed but VW made it that way. Manual cars have a higher amp alternator apparently for this reason. " Aaaah, no wonder I could never understand what people were talking about, lol. I just don't...
  13. R

Tune or not

Hybrid turbo? 15psi? Lol, wait till you get a tune, you might need a clutch upgrade. My stage 4 runs 26psi. Sounds like you've got enough upgrades to support a major performance increase. See if there's a Malone tuner near you.
  14. R

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/tow-bars/volkswagen-tow-bars/vw-bora-towbars.html These are the guys, even with air freigDht it was cheaper than anything I could find in the US. The Euro style hitch is the way to go, 1500kg towing capacity. I went with a fixed swan neck Bosal, IIRC it was about...
  15. R

Please.. tell me this isnt one of you who posted this..

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/fs-2011-golf-tdi-2door-6sp-manual-in-houston-tx-5500.516433/#post-5674715 Or this one here on the forums in the classifieds for $5.5k.
  16. R

difference between manual and auto alh?

Diesel Fumes, With manual injectors and the 11mm pump you'll get a nice nudge on power, adjusting the IQ to a higher setting, less fuelling, will give more fuel for a shorter duration I believe. Like Nero said, it's do with emissions on the original auto setup. Should you ever want to go down...
  17. R

How can i increase the sound of the Turbo?

I run a 2.5" pipe catless with a resonator, plenty loud enough without getting objectionable IMO. Ditch the K&N filter, stock is just fine. Or just straight pipe all the way, you can always add a resonator. The turbo chops up the sound.
  18. R

Do I need VCDS?

Dshaffer, Good choice on the cable, pick up a cheap window laptop on Ebay, I find the Dell Latitudes are excellent and durable. For < $100 you'll find a nice one. Once you learn how to use VCDS a bit, you'll never leave home without it. :)