Search results

1. meerschm

Voltswagen?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/31/cars/volkswagen-voltswagen-securities-law/index.html?utm_source=fbbusiness&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_content=2021-04-01T19%3A30%3A10
  2. meerschm

VW to brand EVs 'Voltswagen' in U.S., source confirms

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/31/cars/volkswagen-voltswagen-securities-law/index.html?utm_source=fbbusiness&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_content=2021-04-01T19%3A30%3A10
  3. meerschm

Voltswagen?

April fool
  4. meerschm

Voltswagen?

April fool
  5. meerschm

Opt out of settlement? Better deal?

So it sounds like they bought his truck back and paid the lawyers.
  6. meerschm

Opt out of settlement? Better deal?

Our 2015 MB sprinter is covered by a similar, but different, settlement related to emissions. The law sharks are soliciting owners to opt out of the class action settlement, and offer independent legal action. I remember similar attempts for TDI owners, but do not recall details. Did anyone...
  7. meerschm

Siriusxm Lifetime Lawsuit

Thanks I had a lifetime subscription on my 2009 JSW. when I got the 2017, they would not transfer the subscription, so I let them deactivate it on the car that I ended up letting VW buy back. I never got a card, but filled out the online claim form. had to e-mail them with the radio VIN and...
  8. meerschm

Siriusxm Lifetime Lawsuit

Thanks for the heads up. Who did you call?
  9. meerschm

2015 Sportwagen TDI oil level low message but level is good.

Have you hooked up a VCDS or similar to read the oil level? And where on your dipstick (aka indicator) does the oil come to? These like to be in the middle, not jammed to the high side of full.
  10. meerschm

///// how much gain is there in reducing intake temps ? ////

No, Hotter air, higher temperature; mass flow sensor readings combined with temperature value as input to the computer (I assume your tune includes these parameters as the oem program did) Then the fuel injection duration values and request for turbocharging is adjusted in response to the...
  11. meerschm

Wheels failed Road Force Balance. What to replace them with?

You can find a place that will repair and true the wheels. This can be more cost-effective than new wheels. I have had less than stellar results with aftermarket wheels.
  12. meerschm

condenser blues

You can also feed them(the part numbers) into google, and will be rewarded with pictures and several sources.
  13. meerschm

Oil filter housing/cap weeping

The two O rings do the sealing. they need to be the correct place, and the mating surfaces need to be clean enough for the O ring to seal. might want to clean this off (I like a spray of simple green, wait a few minutes then gentle wash of water) and then wait to verify where exactly it is...
  14. meerschm

Thoughts and Prayers for oilhammer's Family

This news saddens my day. My heart is heavy.
  15. meerschm

Sliced finger on sharp edge in front of shifter

I put an inch of scotch tape over the sharp part. My wife had cut her finger a couple times. How she is happy.
  16. meerschm

100000 miles

You can measure brake pad and disk thickness. check them all, since one common item is the development of a sticking caliper pin, which will be evidenced by one pad being much more worn than the others. Keep in mind that the rear brake pistons need to be screwed back into place, not just...
  17. meerschm

Completed 40k service today and need some help...

might want to take a close look under the hood. I suspect some part is out of place from moving the intake and battery out of the way. check stuff that rotates. If you changed fuel filter, look around for extra parts or tools near belts and pulleys. check alignment of hoses and wires...
  18. meerschm

DIY front grill cover???

try some foam pipe insulation from the local home improvement store. make sure you have a way to measure coolant temperature.
  19. meerschm

Rear wheels seized to rotors - How to remove?

Nice choice of words. https://mechanicbase.com/tires/how-to-remove-a-stuck-wheel/ might try some liquid wrench of your favorite brand. make sure to clean it all off the brakes when you are done.
  20. meerschm

Strange regen anomaly- Have you experienced a really long regen?

Most of the devices just plug into the OBD connector. some come with displays, some will display on a smart phone You can also get an auto-polar device that displays on the VW instrument display. cost is $300 plus. on the original subject, set your google on "Self Study Program 826803"...