Search results

1. BakoTDI

What did you do to your car today?

A week ago or so, was able to finally install the 1.8T spindles, brake calipers, and rotors. I have had them sitting on a shelf probably close to a year. I got them a the JY and cleaned them up and put a fresh coat of gold caliper paint. Resurfaces the rotors, put new seals on the calipers and...
  2. IMG_3341.JPG

IMG_3341.JPG

New brakes
  3. BakoTDI

Should I or should I not? B7 Passat

I’ve seen the 10-14s at around $9k
  4. BakoTDI

With some of these new posts, I think I have two major drawbacks: 1-being in California, and 2-warranty issues I think, it may not be my best option then. I'm not opposed to another manufacturer vehicle. I'm interested in having a comfortable daily driver with more room for my growing family...
  5. BakoTDI

Oh man! Lots to think about for sure! Those are not issues to take lightly whatsoever. I appreciate this input. The car seems to have reasonable mileage and interior still looks pristine. Price seems ok but with this info, I will need to keep my guard up. Thanks for this guys!
  6. BakoTDI

Hello everyone. So, I may be in the market for getting a TDI Passat and wanted to know what is the overall experience for these models? pros and cons. I have an MK4 ALH Jetta but I know nothing of Passats. are there any commons issues with engines, transmission, electrical, computer, etc. I...
  7. BakoTDI

Changing out coolant pipe seal

Well, for the hard pipe, I actually tried both cause I ordered the wrong one first. On my 99, the one with the square profile did NOT let the pipe slide into the opening. So I had to reorder the one with the round profile. IdParts asks that you call them with your VIN to make sure you order the...
  8. BakoTDI

MKIV, Golf: Hard Coolant Pipe Leak

Just make sure you use the right o-ring depending on your car. There are two different ones: Early A4 https://www.idparts.com/hard-coolant-pipe-ring-early-n90365302-wht006407-p-3400.html Late A4 https://www.idparts.com/hard-coolant-pipe-ring-a4b55-06b121687-p-1351.html
  9. BakoTDI

Changing out coolant pipe seal

Hate to resurrect this thread but oh boy!! this was a pain in the you know what!!!! Having a braided turbo line would have made this job much easier. Also, if you have a 99, make sure you use the right o-ring. I failed to check this and I had to wait until I received the right one. Here is the...
  10. Electrical and sensors

Electrical and sensors

Electrical connectors/components
  11. Turbo

Turbo

Turbo and components
  12. BakoTDI

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I was finally able to get to replacing my front driver lock module. Removal went well until I realized that the tab that runs along the top edge of the door card snapped off! Ugh! This was a JY find that repacked my original one which was super flappy after the same tab broke off. Now I have the...
  13. BakoTDI

Are 1.8T brakes a worthwhile upgrade?

Yes you’re absolutely right on the front brake setup. I did get the knuckles and spindles. On the rear brakes, if I understand correctly, there is no difference in the setup between TDI and 1.8. Thanks for the explanation Rex! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. BakoTDI

Are 1.8T brakes a worthwhile upgrade?

I know the front 1.8 brake setup fits the original TDI setup. But what about the REAR brakes? Can that be swapped too? Thanks.
  15. BakoTDI

Dang! He must be zooming now! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. BakoTDI

14?!?!? Was his car even starting!?! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. BakoTDI

Yeah, I’ve seen them do it, been there with them. I didn’t see the leaks either!!! I’m at a loss. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. BakoTDI

That’s is awesome!!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk