Search results

1. Occams_Razor

Strange No Start.

2003 TDI ALH. PD Boostpump mod installed. Already went through the normal "No Start" troubleshooting but not finding this issue. Writing this down to see if anyone sees that I am missing anything. :confused: Car started fine. Drove down the street and engine died at first stop sign. No...
  2. Occams_Razor

TDI Tech in the Annapolis MD area?

Hello all, Any recommendations on a good TDI tech in the Annapolis area. A friend bent the front of her NB and needs to get it fixed. Shop where she took it claims they need to do a complete intake/head cleaning because of a MIL light and code. That is not an issue and I will explain why to...
  3. Occams_Razor

Help finding a VW TDI Advertisement...

Hello All, Not quite sure where to put this so figured TDI 101 is a good a place as any. Our department recently upgraded our PC's and I seem to have lost my favorite TDI wallpaper. :( It was a picture taken from a german magazine that had the picture of a beagle being sucked back into the...
  4. Occams_Razor

FS/ Magnaflow SS Exhast Tip #35158(?) 2.5 x 4" Dia. $50.00

Cleaning house... :rolleyes: Installed a Magnaflow 16652 catback exhaust system on my 2003 wagon and had to cut this tip off because the wagons, (thank you VW :( ), do not have a valance with a rear cutout. :P The tip is a weld on, stainless steel, double wall, 2.5" inlet & inside dia, 4"...
  5. Occams_Razor

F/S 01M Auto Trans Valve Body

SOLD! F/S 01M Auto Trans Valve Body SOLD! Hello all, I bought a re-manufactured 01M valve body thinking it would take care of the shifting issues in a 2002 Jetta sedan. After installing the valve body found that the interior wiring harness was shorting out underneath the trans oil cooler...
  6. Occams_Razor

Electrical Gurus & Starting Interlock Relay

Hi Guys, I am a certified A&P so I am more than vaguely familiar with the ways of the electrical gremlins but this issue has me stumped. Little background. I have one of the few 02M 6 speed MKIV's in the US. I imported the transmission from Germany and installed it myself with all new parts...
  7. Occams_Razor

Need some help for a pretty young thing in Columbus, Ohio

Hello everyone, A friend has had an accident in Columbus that from the sound of it is more cosmetic in nature than anything else but she needs someone local to Columbus who can take a look to see if she can drive her car back to Dayton or if she will need a tow. Any white knights willing to...
  8. Occams_Razor

Smoking hot battery fuse. Bad Alternator?

Hi All, Wifes 2002 NB decided to finally smoke the radiator fans. After replacing the fans I noticed that the thick black wire going to the #5 fusible link, (150 amp for the 120 amp alternator), on the fuse box on top of the battery was smoking hot, (hot enough to melt the plastic and to...
  9. Occams_Razor

Overboost when cold

Hi All, I recently swapped over to a 6 speed 02M transmission so I was finally able to install the RC3+ ASV ECU that didn't like the ESP in my 01M automatic. Jeff re-tuned the ASV for the VR6 MAF body and everything seems to work except for one minor(?) issue. I have adjusted and re-adjusted...
  10. Occams_Razor

Alternator going - Strange codes in engine module

Hello all, My alternator has been acting up, (Alternator Workshop in the MFA and whining in the radio), even though it still puts out the correct voltage to charge the battery, etc. I have now started getting a flashing glow plug MIL and error code in the engine module that the brake light...
  11. Occams_Razor

Homelink Visors - Extendable - Grey

Homelink Visors - Extendable - Grey - SOLD! I have a pair of Dove Grey Homelink Sun Visors, (from a Passat but they also fit the any MKIV). These are used but are the ones that slide out and extend, (not fixed like the stock MKIV ones are), with the Homelink transmitter, (which I have cleared...
  12. Occams_Razor

Clutch Disc Size. 280mm with a 240mm plate?

Clutch Disc Size. 228mm with a 240mm plate? Hi All, I was looking at what clutch to use with my ERF transmission and found that EuroSpec has a setup where a 228mm disc is used with the 240mm pressure plate. :confused: Since EuroSpec seems to have an aversion to answering emails I sent a note...
  13. Occams_Razor

PD Pancake Pipe to IC connection

Hi All, Does anyone have a picture of the connection/hose that goes from the stock pancake pipe to the IC on a PD engine? I am trying to figure out what type of connector it has and if it will work with an aluminum PD130 pancake pipe, (that also uses spring clip connections but that I am not...
  14. Occams_Razor

Surging?

Okay. Wifes 2002 NB; ALH engine; Automatic; Working fine until last week when suddenly it started to surge slightly and exhibits a loss of power when accelerating, (very slooooooooow acceleration with slight surging. Someone described a simular problem as if the car was held back by a rubberband...
  15. Occams_Razor

Magnaflow Exhaust or Muffler. Sounds like?

Hi everyone, I have just procured a 2.5" cat-back exhaust from Magnaflow that includes a 2.5" muffler with a 4" tip :eek:. (Magnaflow Part Number 16652) Since I don't have a GLI rear valance the 4" tip will have to go and I will probably put a splitter with 2 2" down turns. The question I...
  16. Occams_Razor

Strange Vibration

First things first. I recently replaced the timing belt on my 2003 Jetta. Everything went fine and the engine is running fine. When I was cleaning the engine for the TDIFest Show & Shine I noticed that the engine mount was not exactly parallel, (the body mount with the 18 mm bolts). Since I...
  17. Occams_Razor

Where ca n I get a Quality, (SS), 2.5 Cat-back exhaust - No Muffler?

Where can I get a Quality, (SS), 2.5 Cat-back exhaust - No Mufflers? Any suggestions folks? I would really like to get a 2.5 DP and mate it with a Magnaflow CAT and then straight 2.5 tube all the way back and up and over the rear axle. I know I can get cat-backs from a like model gasser but...
  18. Occams_Razor

Air Conditioning - What actuates Fans?

The air conditioning in my wifes NB has decided it doesn't want to work. The compressor clutch does not engage and the fans do not rotate when the AC button is pressed. I checked the obvious; Fan Control Relay swapped with my Jetta, (where it works as expected starting the fans as soon as the...
  19. Occams_Razor

Strange sound when cold

Hello everyone, Since the weather turned cold both my wagon, (2003), and my wifes NB, (2002), have a pulsating noise when you first start them that sounds like something is slightly rubbing or maybe an air leak?? (Best I can describe it as I tried to record it with my cel phone and the engine...