Search results

1. C

Bentley manual - can not find fuel quality ?

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/a4-tdi-engine-measuring-blocks-groups.26762/
  2. C

Bentley manual - can not find fuel quality ?

Do you own VCDS? There is an injection balance feature. And then injection timing is a plug in that runs in basic mode.
  3. C

XMAN turbo ALH injectors

Depends if you feel lucky. You can install them and assuming you have VCDS you can check the balance of the injectors. I prefer buying injectors from Drivbiwire as his are always tested and balanced
  4. C

remaining miles or time before service

Yes the dealer will charge you oh $70 -$100 to reset it and you just buy VCDS and take control of the diagnostics on your car. My wife's car is a 2013 Golf and just like you I had changed the oil and it came on. So in VCDS Hex-Com there is a reset SRI screen where you can reset them.
  5. C

VCDS received! Question:

Well you go into the module where the codes are and say clear. If it is an engine code you go into engine. ABS you go to ABS
  6. C

Glow plug light flashjng and p0252

You are using a generic reader as I do not find P0252 at the Ross tech wiki. Some people think this: P0252 Injection pump metering control "A" range performance, possible causes Cam/ Rotor /Injector I see this alot,the service manual talks about cylinder 3 with the needle lift sensor to be...
  7. C

Non-tdi 1.6L fuel pump tuning

You normally put the compression tester in the glow plug hole not the injector hole
  8. C

Tdi alh 2002 boost problems

Do you own VCDS? You can log data with it. You say no boost but it could be the MAF has a no CEL failure and is not allowing the boost.
  9. C

MN Chat Thread

Want to reduce EGT put in a nice large FMIC for nice cool charge air . Of course if you are pulling a trailer up a steep hill down shift to reduce load
  10. C

Keep Getting underboost engine code

16683/P0299/000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached Possible Symptoms Reduced Power Output Limp Mode Possible Causes Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected or leaking Charger Pressure Control defective Turbocharger faulty Diverter Valve faulty Possible Solutions...
  11. C

Code P242a and exhaust gas temperature sensor

This is what I found: So you just have to find out which EGT sensor is Bank 1 Sensor 3 Do you own VCDS? 009258 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor; B1 S3 P242A - 000 - Malfunction - MIL ON Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 11100000...
  12. C

Compression test first!! The engine could be worn out.
  13. C

Actually on a 1.6 it could be injection timing. You need a dial indicator. The other thing I would do is a compression test.
  14. C

Glow plug problem

16764/P0380/000869 - Glow Plug/Heater (Q6) Circuit: Malfunction Possible Symptoms No Pre-Glow Period Poor Cold Starting Possible Causes Glow Plug Wiring faulty Glow Plug faulty Possible Solutions Check Glow Plug Wiring Check Glow Plug Special Notes See TDIClub Glow Plug 101
  15. C

Need some advice!

1. Get VCDS 2. Run Drivribiwire diagnostic test: logging Specified MAF, Actual MAF, Specified MAP, Actual MAP and Throttle position, 2000 rpm to to 4200 RPM repeat 3 times. Send log to chrisidzerda@gmail.com On my 1990.5 Golf I had a no CEL MAF failure. By doing the log I could see that...
  16. C

$500 to get to 150HP from an ALH?

Before I put in my FMIC I could see the temperature rising to melting the turbo.
  17. C

$500 to get to 150HP from an ALH?

Yes if you want more power like I did it was PP520's VNT17/22 T RC4.5 (26psi boost) FMIC, Upgraded clutch to hand the 300 ft-lb of torque, larger down pipe, Wavetrac LSD Just shy of 150 hp. Closer to $3,000 but it was a fun car. RC 4.5 had launch control built in and it was so much fun until...
  18. C

Where can I buy a decent Jetta MK4 trailer hitch (within the USA St. Louis region)?

I have a uhaul hitch and wiring harness that you can have for shipping from 31071
  19. C

Broken idler?

I had an idler loose all its ball bearings right after a timing belt change. Sigh one was embedded in the timing belt so back to another timing belt change after not even 10,000 miles