Search results

1. dzcad90

18" Tire Size Question - For those that know more than I

I went shopping for new tires yesterday. My Conti's are getting to the point where they will need replacement at 45K miles or so. One is down to 5/32" I generally buy from Discount Tire - Their service is unbeatable and their prices are generally the same. The guy there told me they didn't have...
  2. dzcad90

WTB: Passat TDI (12-14) Plastic Belly Pan, left front bumper insert, or Spoiler

Looking to buy a TDI Belly pan from a NMS Passat. My guess is it needs to be from a 2012-2014 with CKRA. Mine was "missing" next time I got under the car after a turbo replacement, my guess is the dealer forgot to put it on. Maybe it's universal between gas and Diesel, I have to check the part...
  3. dzcad90

Euro switch question

Does anyone know of the euro switch allows one to turn on the fog lights in the "auto" position? Three times in as many months I've come out to a dead battery in the morning because I have left the light switch in the "On" position because I was using the fog/driving lights. Since the Passat...
  4. dzcad90

Help - Wet seats - What to do?

So after working a 15+ hour day, I got off the train last night and cruised home with windows and sunroof open. Got home, rolled up the windows and went to bed. Woke up in the middle of the night to a torrential downpour. The wife was woken up too and says something to the effect of "I hope I...
  5. dzcad90

Wtb: Night Blue Lip Spoiler

Looking for a lip spoiler for the NMS Passat, in Night Blue. PM me with details if you have one. Thanks, Don
  6. dzcad90

Dashcam Mounting in NMS?

So I think I want to order a dashcam. After I see so much stupid crap on the road, having one can only help me in the case of an accident or other incident. That being said, I'm considering ordering one of these: http://goo.gl/ftjSxT - the G1W-C. For $60, it seems like a good unit and the...
  7. dzcad90

FS: Premium VII/7 Head Unit from '09 Jetta

Good Afternoon, Up for sale here is a Premium VII/7 Head unit from an '09 Jetta TDI. It has provisions for Satellite radio, however the external tuner unit is required. This unit was used for about 3-4 months when the car was new until I purchased a new RNS-510 from one of the major importers...
  8. dzcad90

FS: MkIII / A3 / B4 - TDI Alternator / Tool Kit

Good Evening, Up for sale here is an alternator for the 1Z / AHU engine. It will probably fit gasser engines too but it has the factory configuration for the Diesel to provide tachometer information. This alternator came off of my beloved A3 Jetta TDI about a week or so before I totaled it...
  9. dzcad90

MkIV Stuff - NEW!- Eibach Pro Kit Springs / Q Forms

Good Evening, Up for sale is an Eibach Pro Kit set of springs for an MkIV Jetta. The numbers on the springs are as follows: What I believe to be the rears: 83822 / 7907.002 What I believe to be the fronts: 87208 / 1540.001 I bought these springs when my '03 Jetta TDI was new from another...
  10. dzcad90

Window Tint: Ceramic vs. Non Ceramic

Who knows a lot about window tinting? I've never had a car with tinted windows before, but I want to get my Passat tinted. I have a line on a really good deal to get them done, however they state the tint they use is "non ceramic". Ceramic is available, however it is significantly more...
  11. dzcad90

PSA: Weird, fast onset vibration? Check your wheels for snow and ice...

Coming home today my Passat started vibrating badly at highway speeds - approaching 50MPH through 75MPH. I didn't really feel it in the steering wheel but the whole car shook, especially when accelerating. Probably was that way for about 30 miles. Confirming a suspicion, I got it home and the...
  12. dzcad90

CarNet - Your Thoughts?

So when we got our '14 Passat TDI it came with a 6 month trial of CarNet. I activated it instead of losing out on the trial. They didn't require a credit card for activation, so I'm out nothing on this whole deal. So far, the service is fairly useless for what I've used it for. I'm pretty handy...
  13. dzcad90

Silicone key covers? (With or without Kessy?)

Anyone have the silicone key covers for the VW Key fob? I see them on Amazon for about 7 bucks. Any feedback on these? I'd like to score a couple of these, however I read that some of them don't fit Kessy fobs. Without busting out the digital micrometer, at first glance the Kessy and non Kessy...
  14. dzcad90

Remote start effect on Average Consumption

Anyone else notice that remote start really hurts your trip average consumption? I don't have enough miles to do the math, but does it actually hurt consumption that much or does it just skew the MFA calculation? I realize there's nothing more 'Murican than burning fuel in your unattended...
  15. dzcad90

FS: 15" 5x112 Steelies, TPMS, VW wheelcovers, and possibly snow tires

Up for sale here is a set of 15" Steelies. I used these for a few seasons on my '09 Jetta TDI however that car now has a new owner and the 15" wheels will not fit on my Passat. Included are: 4 15" Steelies TPMS Sensors VW Wheel Covers (Hubcaps) 4 Continental Viking something or other snow...
  16. dzcad90

Does this fuel gauge look right?

Ok.. New NMS owner here. (It's TDIClub official now :D ) Does this fuel gauge look right for the amount of miles on the trip odometer? The car was a dealer trade so it was delivered to me with around 78 miles on it. My sales lady said she just got back from filling it when we accepted...
  17. dzcad90

MkV Tails - OEM Dark and LEDs.. See inside!

I have an assortment of tail lamps for MkV Jettas available. OEM Darkened - SOLD! LED Tail Lamp Parts: - Here is an assortment of LED tail lamp parts and pieces I have left over from my Jetta. Unfortunately I was rear ended not once, but twice and both on the same side, so I ended up with...
  18. dzcad90

MkV Premium VII Head Unit (6 Disc, MP3, Satellite Compatible)

Up for grabs here is a Premium VII head unit that came out of my '09 Jetta TDI. IIRC, This unit was in service for 3 months exactly (May 9, 2009 - September 9, 2009) before I replaced it with an RNS-510. The unit is in great shape and worked as of the last time it was in the car. It's a pretty...
  19. dzcad90

FS: 5x112 15" Steelies w/ TPMS, hubcaps, and about cashed-out snows

Selling a set of steelies with TPMS sensors. I used these on my '09 Jetta TDI Sedan and they currently have Continential Viking something or other snows mounted. The snows have about had it but you might be able to get one more season out of them. These wheels have TPMS sensors and a set of VW...
  20. dzcad90

Opinion on 18" vs 17" Wheels on NMS

Anyone have any experience with both wheel sizes? Pros of 18" wheels: Look pretty sweet Cons of 18" wheels: New tires are really expensive Harsher Ride due to lower profile? If you had the option to go with either set of wheels on a new Passat, which would you choose?