Search results

1. J

Good East Bay TDI Mechanics?

My TDI is overheating right now in the Bay Area and I want to know where to tow the car. Any East Bay recommendations?
  2. J

Seat Memory Gone Haywire

Unlocking my Mark V TDI with keyfob or door lock will reset the seat to an awkward position (I did not set it and it's unknown where that came from). Pressing any of the saved memory button (1, 2, or 3) once I am in the car will restore the seat position to my previously saved settings. The...
  3. J

VAG_COM or Torque Pro?

An independent VW mechanic used VAGCOM/VCDS software on his laptop to turn off my xenons as DRLs (this was on a MKV Jetta GLI), then programmed the fog lights as DRLs. Would a Scantool/Bluetooth dongle + TorquePro app allow me to execute custom functions like that, and program my key-fob for...
  4. J

Airbag Light and Fault Code Interpretation Needed

After several months of the airbag light coming and going, it finally stays on all the time. This is what my shade tree mechanic registered on his scanner: 2 Faults Found: 02513 - Belt Force Sensor for Seat Occupied Recognition (G453) 003 - Mechanical Failure - Intermittent -...
  5. J

Timing Belt Change in Portland?

After many years of loyalty, and endless benefit of the doubt, I am done with giving my money to the VW monopolist dealership in Portland, Dick Hannah (read their customer reviews online and you get the idea how low a dealership can sink!) I need a 160k timing belt change, and would appreciate...
  6. J

WTB: Stock TDI MKV Shocks

WTB: Stock Jetta TDI MKV Shocks WTB: full set of low-mileage stock shocks for my 2006 Jetta TDI (i.e. TDI-specific Jetta shocks from 2006 to the end of the model year.) I am sure, you sports enthusiasts who switched over to more racy options have your almost unused factory shocks still sitting...
  7. J

WTB: Tow-eye (part #1T0805615)

...for attaching a towing rope. It screws into the rear frame of my '07 Jetta My zip: 97019 My e-mail: juniormarbles@gmail.com Thank you, JM
  8. J

Where to find used OEM 18" wheels?

I want to get used OEM VW 18 x 8 rims (Karthoum, Vision V, etc.) with the stock off-set (ca. 50mm) for my Mk V. I have not been able to figure out WHERE used 18" VW wheels are sold. Extended searches on the usual suspects (eBay, Craigslist, etc.) come up empty, so does this forum. Can anybody...
  9. J

How to change parking light bulb?

I am not mechanically untalented, but I cannot get the driver's side parking light bulb out of the high beam cluster of my '06 TDI Jetta. The air filter body is making it impossible to insert hand or tool into the small space between light assembly and filter housing to lift out the dead bulb...
  10. J

How to Drain the Tank...

I have some water in the tank of my '06 Jetta TDI (from the bottom of the barrel, so to speak) which caused sputtering of the engine. I need to drain the tank right away (and attend to the fuel filter as well), but after reading all the relevant posts on this forum, could not find any easy...
  11. J

FS: Jetta MK V OEM Sport Springs

I bought these OEM VW lowering springs, found on all GLI "Fahrenheit Edition" Jettas, new from the dealer for $300.- They are the lowest (and best!) sport springs ever factory-issued on Jetta MKV. Will fit 2005 1/2 through 2009 and are correctly balanced on all MK V Jettas (2.5, TDI, GLI.)...
  12. J

FS: Jetta "Fahrenheit Edition" Sport Springs

I bought these original VW springs new from the dealer for $300.- These are the lowest sport springs ever factory-issued for the Jetta. Will fit 2005 1/2 through 2009 and be correctly weight-balanced on all MK V Jettas (2.5, TDI, GLI.) $150.- firm. Original invoice receipts and spring tag on...
  13. J

FS: Jetta MK V "Fahrenheit Edition" Sport Springs

I bought these original VW springs new. They were installed by the dealer on my TDI. They are the lowest sport springs ever factory-issued on the Jetta. Will fit 2005 1/2 through 2009 and be correctly weight balanced on all MK V Jettas (2.5, TDI, GLI.) No shims or different bump stops required...
  14. J

German-Made "Sport Fahrwerk" GLI Springs

I have a full set of original German "Sport Fahrwerk" GLI Springs. These are genuine VW sport suspension springs made in Germany, exclusively for European-delivery Jetta GLI's (and can be used on all other Mark V Jetta models, as their axle weights are the same). After lengthy research, I...
  15. J

Sport Springs/Lowering f. Mk. 5 GTI/Jetta

Sport Springs for current Jetta/GTI Models For Sale: Set of genuine VW-made MK 5 TDI Sport Springs, fits Mk V GTI and Jetta, as described on this website: http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=MK5EUROS4D Quote: "Lower your MKV 4 door GTI 1.25" front and .5" rear while...
  16. J

Sport Springs for current Jetta/GTI Models

For Sale: Set of genuine VW-made MK 5 TDI Sport Springs, fits Mk V GTI and Jetta, as described on this website: http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=MK5EUROS4D Quote: "Lower your MKV 4 door GTI 1.25" front and .5" rear while retaining your stock shocks with this...
  17. J

FS: MK 5 TDI Sport Springs

Set of genuine VW-made lowering springs for MKV GTI and Jetta, as described on this website: http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=MK5EUROS4D As quoted there: "Lower your MKV 4 door GTI 1.25" front and .5" rear while retaining your stock shocks with this European...
  18. J

FS: Jetta / GTI Sport Springs w/1.25" Drop

Set of genuine VW-made lowering springs for MKV GTI and Jetta, as described on this website: http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=MK5EUROS4D Quote: "Lower your MKV 4 door GTI 1.25" front and .5" rear while retaining your stock shocks with this European spring kit...
  19. J

WTB: H+R /Neuspeed Rear Sway bar, Jetta V

WTB: H+R Rear Sway bar 24mm (Pt.#71750-24) or 25mm Neuspeed bar for 2006 Jetta V TDI, either used or (discounted) new. Please e-mail to: juniormarbles@gmail.com Thanks, JM
  20. J

Clock fix available yet?

.. .not according to my rather dis-interested VW service team, which finds my continued inquiries to be a hassle. I have never had an accurate clock in my '06 TDI Jetta since it was new (3 minutes fast/week) Does anyone know of a recall/fix/warranty solution for this? I understand, I am not...