Search results

1. 0

27000km since last refill and no def light yet???

so the car is a 2014 passat tdi comfortline bought it at 41430 now it has 68500 i got the car from a dealer who bought it on auction from one of vw massive tdi lots, the did all the breaks, tranny fluid, i managed to get them to change the brake fluid too i only assume they topped up the def...
  2. 0

2014 passat tdi winter heater / block heater missing parts feom factory....

So I go under the car today to checkout some stuff and I notice I had a wire with a yellow/rubber cap on it . I followed the wire to find out it connects to the winter heater connection (block heater i believe) on the outside of the car. I find it is zip tied to another wire and just hanging...
  3. 0

Wife wacked a curb, now has vibs. Changed rim and bearing...still there

Hey guys so my wife wacked a curb going 30-40km/hr a month or so ago..... i took it for a drive and noticed the wheel vibrates more than the floorboard or the driver seat. The vibs kicked in around 80+km/hr I proceeded to purchase a new 18" Bristol rim from the dealer and had it installed...
  4. 0

Def fluid intervals

Hey everybody, as the title says? What are your average Def fluid fillup intervals I got the car (2014 passat tdi comfort line) at 42000km now it has 56000km and still no Def fill up light. I average 950-1050 a tank depending on how heavy i am on the pedal. 70% city (below 80km) 30% hwy (above...
  5. 0

Osiris skid plate on a nms passat

Just trying to find more first hand experiences with the evolution imports "Osiris" skid plate. I will be installing it onto my 2014 passat nms. Anybody try them out?......any good, or is there a better version/company available i can order within canada...
  6. 0

anybody got a skid plate or splash guard for sale

hey guys, so i am in the market for 2 skid plates or splash guards, 1 for the manual and 1 for a auto 2003 alh manual 2004 bew auto both are off of the cars and destroyed. for the manual i would prefer a true skid plate (aluminum) like evolution or panzer, and for the automatic i just need a...
  7. 0

Need some input / knowledge on hub runout check. I can't spin the hub freely??

Hey guys I'm looking for a quick reply with input or knowledge to something I may be missing . I have my car up on stands and I'm checking for runout on my front 2 rotors and hubs. The issue is I took everything off ( caliper, pads) so it's just the rotor bolted to the hub on both sides of the...
  8. 0

Need a reply quick, car is on jackstands. Trying to check hub runout in neutral!

Hey guys I'm looking for a quick reply with input or knowledge to something I may be missing . I have my car up on stands and I'm checking for runout on my front 2 rotors and hubs. The issue is I took everything off ( caliper, pads) so it's just the rotor bolted to the hub on both sides of the...
  9. 0

Wheel vibrations when braking.. changed brakes... came back 7k later

Hey guys back again with more reoccurring issues - 3 months back I had vibrations in my steering wheel while braking ONLY BETWEEN 60-45 KM (ballpark) - I removed the front and rear brakes and noticed they were decent quality zimmerman rotors with trw pads surprisingly.* - I changed all 4 corners...
  10. 0

Mk4 jetta vibration in wheel while braking btween 55-45km. Brakes done. Vibs remain

Hey guys back again with more reoccurring issues:eek: - 3 months back I had vibrations in my steering wheel while braking ONLY BETWEEN 60-45 KM (ballpark) - I removed the front and rear brakes and noticed they were decent quality zimmerman rotors with trw pads surprisingly. - I changed all 4...
  11. 0

ISO DRIVER front coth seat... need one asap

ISO DRIVER front cloth seat... need one asap Anybody got a extra driver front seat hanging around preferably cloth, taking up space, that they might consider selling:) My wifes 04 jetta driver seat height adjuster is failing and its to much of aheadache to fix and i dont have the time neither...
  12. 0

Did both front calipers, used motive bleeder, now have squishy pedal (03 tdi manual )

Hey guys just need some quick advice/feedback FAST to get the car on the road. I replaced my front brakes yesterday (calipers, pads, rotors) and upon completion i began bleeding with my new motive power bleeder. My reservoir was just about empty when i did the seal test. (I now know how...
  13. 0

Installed new front calipers, used motive power bleeder, now have squishy brakes

Hey guys just need some quick advice/feedback to get the car on the road. I replaced my front brakes yesterday (calipers, pads, rotors) and upon completion i began bleeding with my new motive power bleeder. My reservoir was just about empty when i did the seal test. (I now know how important...
  14. 0

Intense wheel vibrations from 60-50km, only on braking? thoughts

Before winter ended the car developed mild vibrations in the steering wheel upon braking from 60-50km range. I figured i lost a wheel weight and would address it next season when the tires go back on. I changed to my all seasons a couple weeks ago and the vibs were gone. Last week i started...
  15. 0

Gas Cap wont open mk4 jetta, door switch was making opening sound then CUT out??

hey guys, the car has been running well averaging 4.9-5.1L/100km since the rebuild and all of a sudden the other day I pull into a gas station to fill up and the gas cap door wont open. I toggled the gas cap door switch several time and it made the opening sound but the door wouldn't open...
  16. 0

best mechanic/ shop for exhaust work Southern Ontario??/APOLOGY

Hello everybody, just wanted to start this one off with an apology to anybody i've upset or was rude to in the past. I won't be so immature or "rushed" with my questions/responses anymore and if i have something needing urgent replies ill use the red triangle not CAPS:D So i got the car build...
  17. 0

NEED HELP ASAP fast reply. IDK what GT turbo garrett sent me !!!

Garrett turbo questions ok so here is my problem. I NEED A REPLY ASAP as i have t get my car on the road and order a new turbo if need be which will take a week to get!!! i cleaned out my intake system to get rid of all the soot and when i took the turbo out for cleaning i found the housing was...
  18. 0

NEED HELP ASAP fast reply. IDK what GT turbo garrett sent me !!!

ok so here is my problem. I NEED A REPLY ASAP as i have t get my car on the road and order a new turbo if need be which will take a week to get!!! i cleaned out my intake system to get rid of all the soot and when i took the turbo out for cleaning i found the housing was cracked and i was no...
  19. 0

REMOVING EGR cooler upper hose, coolant comes out and doesn't STOP!!! please read

hey everybody I need some advice so i can get to bed after typing this and wake up hopefully to a answer or 2 so i can continue my breakdown tomorrow morning. i have the entire vacuum system apart, egr valve, upper egr tube, NOW I AM taking apart the EGR cooler itself and when i removed the...
  20. 0

doing a intercooler cleaning, REMOVED egr cooler upper hose COOLANT COMES OUT ?!HELP

doing a MANIFOLD cleaning, REMOVED egr cooler upper hose COOLANT DOESN'T STOP coming hey everybody I need some advice so i can get to bed after typing this and wake up hopefully to a answer or 2 so i can continue my breakdown tomorrow morning. i have the entire vacuum system apart, egr valve...