Search results

1. dieselrox

Recurring code

Thanks for the tips and the instructions! I'll give this a go and report back on the findings.
  2. dieselrox

Recurring code

Just for the heck of it, I did a complete rescan. The results are below. There are a couple of intermittent codes that are back since yesterday -- the door control module stuff. The radio codes I know about, it's due to the installation of wiring for an aftermarket sub. Those codes have been...
  3. dieselrox

Recurring code

Found an old repair receipt from the dealer when it was still under warranty. At 39k miles, the instrument cluster was replaced because the multifunction display kept going blank. I'm absolutely certain that I've run several Vagcom scans since then, never seen this error until just recently...
  4. dieselrox

Recurring code

Yep, I'm the original owner. My TDI is heavily pampered and I keep a close eye on stuff. I scan with Vagcom once every few months or so just for good measure. Although I can't be certain, I believe I did a Vagcom scan a few months ago, which would probably have been after the 135888km mark...
  5. dieselrox

Recurring code

Joe, I'm not suggesting I ignore the code, nor have I determined that there isn't a problem. Let's just put it this way -- if there IS a problem, it's not obvious. That code has appeared for a reason, however, and I would really like to know what that is so I can make an informed decision...
  6. dieselrox

Recurring code

Yep, I'm leaning in that direction, but the computer engineer in me is curious about the reason for the code, when everything seems just fine. I drive my TDI about 120 miles a day and it's just purring along. I do, however, totally depend on the car so I don't want to ignore an important issue...
  7. dieselrox

Recurring code

Hi all, I keep a pretty good eye on my TDI with Vagcom, and a code has appeared that appears to be significant (see below). Trying to clear it just causes it to come back immediately. My TDI has about 101k on it, this code appears to be tagged to an event that occurred around 84k. The car...
  8. dieselrox

Looking for other Tucson TDI Owners

I'll just be looking for somewhere reliable to go for general maintenance. I can do a lot on my own, but don't have a lift. In Virginia, I found a local mechanic with a shop attached to his home -- it was the perfect arrangement. Ideally, I'd like to find something like that in Tucson. I'm...
  9. dieselrox

Looking for other Tucson TDI Owners

Hi, I'm moving to Tucson next month and am looking for other TDI owners for advice on where to obtain service, any local get-togethers, etc. Thanks! Steve.
  10. dieselrox

Swap Sirius for XM, 06 Jetta TDI Pkg 2

I'm a long-standing XM subscriber with a multiyear prepaid subscription. I have nothing against Sirius, but despite the merger there is no way to activate a Sirius receiver without setting up a whole new account with Sirius. I have XM in my Streetpilot 2730 GPS, but the GPS has stopped...
  11. dieselrox

Swap Sirius for XM, 06 Jetta TDI Pkg 2

I have a never-activated Sirius module (8E0035593D) in my 06 Jetta TDI, package 2, that I would like to swap for an XM module (8E0035593E). I would also consider purchasing a used XM module. Thanks!
  12. dieselrox

12V Power Source for Ham Radio

Strictly magmount - I will drill no holes in my beautiful TDI!! Picked up an MFJ 1729 "Power*Gain" dual-band magmount whip. Works like a charm. I ended up purchasing a Yaesu rig, a dual-bander, the FT-7800R, along with the separation kit so the front panel could be removed. The main unit is...
  13. dieselrox

Well, I just got lucky! Went out to the TDI to scope out how I would run power from the battery and had a VERY nice surprise -- when Best Buy installed my subwoofer, they ran a power cable from the battery to the trunk. Bingo! Got my power run, it's right behind the back seat. Whew!! This is...
  14. dieselrox

I was afraid of that -- running power from the battery. Every time I get into running wires through the firewall of any vehicle it's a giant PITA. Noticed that you've got the Icom V8000 -- that's the radio I'm planning on buying. What do you think of it? 73's de WB4EZM
  15. dieselrox

I'm going to install a VHF ham radio in my 2006.5 Jetta TDI, and either need a source of 12v power in the cabin that can supply at least 15 amps (more would be better, 20A would provide ample cushion), or I need a route to the engine compartment to tap into the battery. Obviously, it would be...
  16. dieselrox

Hotel Room Rate and Booking Info!

Reservation made! Two standard rooms. :D
  17. dieselrox

TDIFest 2007 is coming to Montréal, Canada

Montreal is a GREAT choice! Thanks to the TDIClub.com team for putting together what will certainly be a fantastic fest this year. I'm bringing some more family this time -- my daughter and mother want to come along to enjoy Canada and the nice drive up and back. Brought my son to the PA fest...
  18. dieselrox

Hotel Room Rate and Booking Info!

FYI -- I called to make reservations but the hotel said they don't have the group rate in the system yet. There's plenty of time, of course, but I thought ya'll might want to be aware of this.
  19. dieselrox

The Convoy Thread

According to Google maps, the best route to Montreal from Northern Virginia is across the Rt. 15 bridge at Leesburg and then up to Harrisburg to join Interstate 81. It's a solid 10-11 hour drive. If anyone is interested in a Northern Virginia convoy, I'd like to suggest meeting at the parking...
  20. dieselrox

WTB: Used Jetta Wagon

Looking for a used Jetta wagon, something clean, well-maintained and under 100K miles. Automatic a must, as some family members will be driving it who don't like sticks. A few dings are OK as long as the car isn't beyond my obsession to keep TDIs looking like new. I live in Virginia and would...