Search results

1. Sunnyb

Leaking Sunroof.

According to my dealer there is no recall on the Sunroof.
  2. Sunnyb

Leaking Sunroof.

No I wasn't aware of it, I'll call them on Monday. Hopefully I can still get it fixed. I did find the drains in the front and removed the little orange caps. The driver's one is a pain. There both are behind the shock towers near the firewall.
  3. Sunnyb

Leaking Sunroof.

I have read through a bunch of posts on this subject and I just wanted to get opinions. I have a 2025 GSW with 111k on it so it's well past the warranty. I have only noticed the leak in the past weeks because the passenger side floor is damp. Especially the rear passenger floor. And as I...
  4. Sunnyb

Ea288 oil consumption

It's just below the hash marks. Right on top of that ball. And after adding just 1 quart it will go half way up the hash marks.
  5. Sunnyb

Ea288 oil consumption

I am on the opposite it seems here. I'm using 4 quarts in between the 10k interval. I'm in the process with VOA and the dealership to get it fixed. By the way does anyone know how much oil is left in there after the low oil light comes on?
  6. Sunnyb

-10F Nooooo Problem!

I've had 3 cold starts after sitting outside all night with no problems. It was around -10 to -16 °F
  7. Sunnyb

Safety Shut-Off due to Occupant Detection Fault!!

My car does that on really cold mornings for some reason. I stops after a while, after the car warms up.
  8. Sunnyb

New Manual SEL GSW Owner

Nice car, they are awesome. Don't crash it! They aren't makeing anymore because VW is stupid! Seriously, my 2015 GSW SE 6MT is one of my favorite cars that I have ever owned. Sadly, they stopped making them because of the emission scandal. I'm sure the EV cars will fill the gap. Anyways...
  9. Sunnyb

What do you think?

The DSG service is a little harder then your standard transmission fluid change. And I didn't want to spend the money on the computer program that is needed ( I forget the name ATM). To each their own, I prefer driving a manual in a car. And, BTW I almost spit coffee out of my nose about you...
  10. Sunnyb

What do you think?

That 40k interval comes up fast when you put on 25k a year. I couldn't wait to get rid of my old Jetta and buy the new GSW with a 6MT. I spent a ton of money getting that DSG serviced and I don't miss spending that money.
  11. Sunnyb

TDI Phase 2

Manual transmission and the car has 81k on the odometer.
  12. Sunnyb

TDI Phase 2

I just had my phase 2 done and I have not noticed any difference. I will have to wait for a couple of tanks to see if the MPG is different. They did replace the catalytic converter because it was damaged during the process.
  13. Sunnyb

Oil comsumption

It seems I have gone backwards, the car is burning more oil lately. I'm going to have the dealership do a test on my next oil change.
  14. Sunnyb

Fuel Door Freezes Shut

The 2015 are different and mine froze during the last two weeks. I was able to get it open but it was annoying. I'm still not sure what part is freezing but I will probably spray the whole thing down to try and stop it from freezing again.
  15. Sunnyb

Shifting Issues from Start

Are we talking about a manual transmission or a DSG transmission?
  16. Sunnyb

Shifting Issues from Start

Something isn't lining up, I'd take it in and have them look at it. I have not had that problem on my GSW and I almost have 60k on it. However, I know what you are talking about because I have occasionally experienced it on my 95 Mustang but its expected, it has a lot of hard miles on it :)
  17. Sunnyb

Hating the engine cut function when you touch the brake

The throttle cuts off anytime you touch the brake. It's supposedly a safety feature, that is probably due to those run away Prius a few years ago. Which does not allow any heel to toe driving. That might be what through OP is talking about.
  18. Sunnyb

Is there any oil you can buy locally that is good for our cars? (MK7 TDI)

It is not hard at all. It is actually an easy and virtually mess free oil change. Just zip-tie the wiring harness out of the way (I don't even unplug it) and use the Oil drain plug in the filter housing. My 09 was easier with the top oil filter but I still had to remove the belly cover. So...
  19. Sunnyb

Is there any oil you can buy locally that is good for our cars? (MK7 TDI)

Their insane on the prices. I just thought I'd mention it, in case someone needed some oil in a pinch.