Search results

1. D

Early Mk4 ALH (99.5) Manual Transmission Problems

I did some more digging today and found the that shift tower bushings were completely disintegrated, there were maybe 3 bearings left in the sleeve :eek::eek: I checked the transmission by manually moving the selector with the tower off and confirmed that 3rd and 4th seemed to be possibly...
  2. D

314,000km, I am unsure about the clutch. Everything looks fine, and it will usually move everything. However sometimes it feels like its binding and won't even move in and out of gear. Could there be something causing added resistance on the shifter?
  3. D

So recently my transmission has lost both 3rd, and 4th gear. Over the past few months 3rd has slowly started to grind when I try to shift into gear, but will eventually engage. Just recently both 3rd and 4th won't engage at all and just grind when I try to shift with the clutch pedal fully...
  4. D

ALH Cranks, but won't start.

Turns out the clock and trip were a fuse I had missed. Everything seems to be working just fine now.
  5. D

I replaced relay #109, it fixed the GP light and CEL and it now starts and runs! The clock a trip are still an issue. There also seems to be a turbo issue, however I believe that is unrelated
  6. D

A couple days ago I took my car (1999.5 Manual Golf TDI) in for a car wash. I had been driving on some muddy gravel roads and the undercarriage and engine bay were quite muddy/dirty. I gave the engine bay a LIGHT rinse with the "spot free rinse" careful not to wash any electronics. Once I was...
  7. D

Jonah's 1999.5 Golf TDI

Update on the Golf Last Friday I installed the Evry Mod with the help of a good friend, we had some difficulty getting it dialled in at first, but I think its good now! This is the only picture I have of it, the switch on the right is for footwell lighting, and the one on the left is for the...
  8. MK4 Golf Hauling

MK4 Golf Hauling

Today I picked up two large oil drums, one in the back, and one on top!
  9. New Rack

New Rack

Just another shot of the rack with my "Young Dubs" sticker on it.
  10. New Rack

New Rack

I picked up a Yakima Q-Tower rack and fairing on Monday. The install was a bit of a pain, but its on and not coming off!
  11. Two MK4 Golfs

Two MK4 Golfs

My TDI on the left, and a friends 2.slow on the right. I was working on brakes while the 2.slow got summer tires installed!
  12. Evry Mod Switch

Evry Mod Switch

I installed the Evry Mod last week, the switch on the lift is what I use to activate it. In the engine pay I have a 1k potentiometer to adjust the resistance.
  13. D

Jonah's 1999.5 Golf TDI

Update on the golf! Last week it got some new OEM brake rotors, and tomorrow it gets some upgraded pads. Last night a buddy of mine helped me wire up the Evry Mod, we used a 1k potentiometer, and a 500 ohm resister wire with a toggle switch. With the resistor wire in and the potentiometer turned...
  14. D

Jonah's 1999.5 Golf TDI

Yeah they are, but I think its possible. I am an apprenticing welder, so the frame work doesn't scare me. However, I still do not have time or money to do this conversion, I am thinking maybe 5 years from now I will do it. Still not sure what engine I would put into the car. Possibly a Detroit...
  15. D

Jonah's 1999.5 Golf TDI

As I said, it is a long shot. I may never make it happen, but it is a dream and thats what keeps me curious!
  16. D

Smoke Stack Golf

Again, thanks for all of the info! Hopefully it will happen before summer, there are other things higher on the priority list!
  17. D

Smoke Stack Golf

Interesting, looks like I know what I am doing next on my car! Thanks for the information. I have already done the mufflerectomy, so half the work is done already. Has rain been a big issue? Also could you post some pictures of how you mounted it? Thanks!
  18. D

Smoke Stack Golf

That stack so so sick! Now I want to build one! Have you had any problems with police? I did this a couple weeks ago just for a few laughs, all it is is 3" flexible dryer venting attached to the rear wiper with a bungee cord.
  19. D

Jonah's 1999.5 Golf TDI

Thanks guys! Planning on doing the Evry mod soon, just trying to source parts locally. Hopefully wheels and tires for this summer, also coilovers would be great! Other than that just some maintenance for now, after all, I am in high school with a pretty low budget so nothing to crazy yet...