Search results

1. turbodieseldyke

Key replacement!

The computer board is the transmitter for opening doors. Only a dealer can program the keys to start the car.
  2. turbodieseldyke

Key replacement!

There's a little glass chip inside the fob. Your car is programmed to use the chip in your broken fob. If you remove the chip from your new fob & glue the old chip into the new fob, the car should run. Use acetone to remove the chips, don't force them out.
  3. turbodieseldyke

2013 Beetle TDI will not start after timing belt change

I don't think his '13 Beetle has an ALH
  4. turbodieseldyke

FREAK AT THE PUMP

So you DID get butt rammed.
  5. turbodieseldyke

Just saw my 1st reference to JCarPart ,

with a yellow star.
  6. turbodieseldyke

FREAK AT THE PUMP

"FREAK AT THE PUMP" *clicks link* *no butt ramming involved* *thanks the stars*
  7. turbodieseldyke

Car died while driving

Mine too.
  8. turbodieseldyke

2013 Beetle TDI will not start after timing belt change

Figure out which error code(s) you have, before towing it away.
  9. turbodieseldyke

Need help, crank but no start

Vagcom will tell you the compression numbers while you crank it (I forget which data block). No need to hook up a physical gauge. I doubt you lost compression anyway.
  10. turbodieseldyke

Cracked leveler tube in transmission 2013 passat

The filler tube at the drain hole? It's only used for filling, but i'd replace it. Should be available at the dealer or any online parts seller. Googling the part# will probably take you straight to the item page at vw or idparts.
  11. turbodieseldyke

Hello all! First TDI owner!

The holes should be round. The 3 holes you're seeing are cylindrical. Mine has those same 3 cylindrical holes plus 2 rounds ones to the right, which makes mine a 2-hole. novus, you need to clean that area off and get a better look. Old toothbrush, brake cleaner, anything.
  12. turbodieseldyke

Do I need a thermostat? 14 Golf TDI

You need a scanner to read actual temperatures the engine cares about (intake air temp, coolant temp). The stuff on your instrument cluster is meaningless.
  13. turbodieseldyke

Timing Issues

🤦 I guess you could loosen all the cam cap holders to allow the camshaft to elevate, which will close all the valves. Then you can turn the crank wherever you want. Put the cam at tdc (this is also required), and tighten it back down. You will probably need all new bolts for that. And then...
  14. turbodieseldyke

Timing Issues

The crank wasn't TDC before you installed the head?
  15. turbodieseldyke

First of all, cleaning the emissions components is not a long-term solution. If your dpf is cracked, it will continue leaking soot into the egr and other catalytic converters downstream. The only fix is a new dpf, or deleting it. As for the new errors, have you tried unplugging those wire...
  16. turbodieseldyke

2010 Jetta CJAA - Green fluid on intercooler hose

If not antifreeze, it's most likely Pag oil from the A/C system.
  17. turbodieseldyke

It might help if you went back to the beginning, or before the beginning of this post, to explain what errors you were solving by removing & cleaning all those parts. I don't know whether that sensor is supposed to vibrate, as i've never bothered to check it. Maybe someone else knows. If...
  18. turbodieseldyke

Transmission shaking car

New axle, from... oem, autozone, ebay/china? Have you tried passenger-installed + driver-removed?
  19. turbodieseldyke

Would a fuel sensor be vibrating on its own, or because the fuel pump is pushing fuel at it? There are 3 fuel pumps. 1 mechanical (operates when engine is turning) and 2 electrical. None of the 3 are controlled by vacuum.
  20. turbodieseldyke

Why are you pointing at the fuel temp sensor?