Search results

1. R

MK6 TDI Launch Control?

Follow up: I chatted with the folks at Tunezilla. They were really nice about it. Apparently some models come with it OEM, and some don't. A few days later, they sent me a new Stage 1 Tune with the limiter applied.
  2. R

MK6 TDI Launch Control?

I have a 2014 Golf TDI I bought after diesel-gate from a VW Dealer. The car was sold to me as a factory refurb, and it's location prior to the dealer was a staging area where they kept all the Midwest diesel gate vehicles. The car had the factory handling package.- just background. info. It's...
  3. R

2013 TDI Suspension noise?

Great Video! Did you try grabbing different components while bouncing to see if you could feel the squeak? Mainly on the passenger side? Did the squeak start immediately after the accident which caused the fender damage? If so look for bent components rubbing on each other. TREs and Links...
  4. R

AC won't kick in until the engine is under load (WOT)

There's also some videos on intermittent A/C. https://www.google.com/search?q=vw+golf+intermittent+ac+problems&rlz=1C1JZEV_enUS928US928&oq=VW+Golf+Intermittent+AC&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBwgBECEYoAEyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQIRigATIHCAIQIRigATIHCAMQIRirAtIBCTExOTQ0ajBqN6gCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
  5. R

2014 Sportwagen High Beams not working - even after combination switch replaced

Thanks for the additional info on the module location and the charts! However, it seems without a diagnostic tool, a FSM, and previous knowledge or training on how to interpret these charts, and diagnose one of these units, we're lost in the fog... Or at least I am LOL! I have always relied on...
  6. R

Correct. It is momentary contact. The Latching of the high beam function is performed by the firmware. My bad, I read your message wrong. So far, you haven't said anything about error messages, so I "assume" there are none. Did you try unplugging the high beams to see if the car generated a...
  7. R

2011 Jetta TDI with AC not working

I found this video while looking for info on my A/C problem. It might help.
  8. R

I quick looked at my 2014 Golf as I haven't driven it for a while at night. The stalk itself does not latch, and there is no click. Operation is how your old unit worked, but rather than hardware, it seems the ECU governs it's function. As you can actually flash the high beams, I assume the...
  9. R

Tunes

I appreciate the response, Some good points on improvements in tools vs sending off the ECU to be flashed. Lets be honest, not everyone has a flash tool in their tool box. Unless you do this in a club setting or for a living, you probably only use it once. Purchase of the flash tool increases...
  10. R

A/C issues after stage 2

I assume you pulled or disconnected the battery. Not sure about a 09 Jetta, but on my 2014 Golf items that needed to be reset/calibrated before they would work right. Steering, Windows, Wipers, and A/C are now all on my list and in notes in the maint manual. I tried waving a dead chicken at...
  11. R

Tunes

I've been reading a bit on tunes. I have a 2014 Golf TDI. Currently, I am not planning on any radical changes to the car, maybe opening up the exhaust a bit. Mission is daily driver/AutoX. I'm not a fan of the factory dieselgate retune with it's awkward DD habits, and would appreciate a tad more...
  12. R

2014 Golf TDI No AC light

Thanks for the additional feedback!
  13. R

Thanks for the info! I have a generic (HF) OBDII Scanner I use on my Jeep. It can't change anything, but I wonder what the difference is? Are VAG codes not OBDII Standard?
  14. R

I hate new cars... https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/a-c-button-wont-work.381336/ Acadia18: " Try holding down the AC button and the Rear Defroster button for a few seconds. Those correlate to buttons 8 & 16 in the manual A/C adaption steps. I had a similar issue with that panel...
  15. R

Thanks! I can physically check for damage, but no scan tools. Is there a VAG tool that is inexpensive, yet effective? If they're too expensive ($300) I might as well take it to the dealer and have them look at it. But I'd rather learn :) I was hoping it was another sequence like I need to...
  16. R

AC worked well before winter. In preparation for Winter, I disconnected the battery, and reconnected it in the Spring. * I've recalibrated the steering (Hard left and right). * Recalibrated the window winders (Full up, full down). * When I moved the car, the Wipers started working again...