Search results

1. F

turbo technical database

Everything is in page 52
  2. F

turbo technical database

Hum, sorry I missed it in your thread. So let's get one of these Vband kit, thanks for your help I'll start a new thread soon, when I have my LP. It should be a gt3067s (page 52 on this topic), I'm still bargaining :)
  3. F

turbo technical database

Yep it's quite the same unit in terms of design and technology. Only the CW is a bit different, but it should work just as great as yours Overall dimensions are 26cm/10" height , 20cm/8" length , 20cm/8" width Vband size is 77mm OD and 50mm ID I guess I'd need to machine a custom Vband...
  4. F

turbo technical database

Few pics of this one Gtc1446vz from 2.0d Volvo V60 (Volvo 31312712 Garrett 790367) Specs : Stock vacuum operated CW : 34,1mm inducer / 46mm exducer The housing has a 3" inlet Kind of anti surge groove (MWE ?) No billet wheel but gtd1446vz has billet wheel (Volvo 31380131 Garrett 836265)...
  5. F

PD 150 + GTD1752vrk

Actually it's a pretty good daily driver, wife approved ;) The response is improved compared to stock, ball bearing does help in this way I'd guess Mpg is 35 but the 50/50 powertrack haldex insert cause this. I've noticed that directly after I installed it
  6. F

Mk4 Golf max 150pd conversion

The bottleneck is pd150 turbo, is only able to make 190-195hp. Beyond that it won't be safe. I've seen few of these turbos literally exploding when asking too much pressure. If not abusing this turbo is quite reliable. If you use pd150 MAF, your tuner has to change MAF linearisation in the tune
  7. F

PD 150 + GTD1752vrk

Not yet, I'll make one ASAP
  8. F

Ahf to arl

Okay, so from my own experience, pd150 engine 400-500€, stronger clutch 1000€ if you take Sachs SRE, exhaust maybe ~200€ if you can build it yourself (mig or tig welding machine). Turbo is the main part, if you want an hybrid turbo so gt1856 should be good for your power goal and costs ~850€ If...
  9. F

PD 150 + GTD1752vrk

As I'm using a vw cast manifold, sequential setup isn't really possible, indeed Alright I thank you for your help. Maybe I should consider using an interstage IC. I keep it in mind
  10. F

Ahf to arl

Precise questions lead to precise answers Are you on a budget ? What is your goal in terms of power ? PD conversion takes time Yes pd150 + tune = 190hp - maybe max 200 With your ve 110hp you need at least nozzles and turbo to make this power. In both case don't forget uprated clutch
  11. F

PD 150 + GTD1752vrk

So you think enlarged egr port won't flow enough ? I don't plan to totally bypass the HP, but I also don't want it to overspin. As a single it is out of breath by 4000rpm I'd guess, but compounded with a hx30 it should be good, that's what I'm going to find out. I don't build a high reving...
  12. F

PD 150 + GTD1752vrk

Profidiesel Yes it spools good
  13. F

PD 150 + GTD1752vrk

Yep, actually I've been reading all the compound guy's topic here for the last 4 years, talking to few of them, learning a lot, but now it's time to try I already have the spare bloc on the engine stand, the HP turbo, few 1.9 / 1.6td manifolds and the opportunity to do it. It will take time and...
  14. F

PD 150 + GTD1752vrk

Just here to share guys ;) no big crazy numbers, just my feedback My current build with gtd1752vrk (stock, vacuum converted), stock PD150 injectors, S3 fmic, 2.5" straight pipe, Sachs SRE clutch with DMF Stock oil return line Tuned to 225-230 ish, no dyno sorry I live far away from...
  15. F

Holset turbo setup 1.9 bew tdi

I know it's a turbo engine but I can't stand driving a laggy car. FixUntilBroke runs a compound setup with gtc1444vz + he221w and honestly it looks awesome in terms of driveability. I've seen videos of his boost gauges, and it looks good! I've been running several setups, my current setup is...
  16. F

Holset turbo setup 1.9 bew tdi

Do you use exhaust bypass or maybe the gt20 turbine is big enough ? Hx30w seems to be the LP I need for a +300hp build. He221w is a bit small and HY35 too big to pair with a gtd14. It would overspin IMO
  17. F

GTD1752VRK compressor wheel

Stock is already billet 8 blade wheel
  18. F

Help pistons

Compound guys run at 55-60psi. Are you planning to build a compound setup or just a huge turbo for drag car ? 58 psi isn't common for street cars BTW pistons will not be an issue except if your tune sucks
  19. F

Leon 1.9 tdi 110 project

I guess you have vnt turbo already, probably a gt1749v that is integrated to the manifold so you can't change turbo without changing the manifold. I know darkside sell adapter flange to fit manifold from Passat 1.9tdi but it's for Passat/Audi A4 platform, not sure it'll fit your car Anyway...
  20. F

Leon 1.9 tdi 110 project

If you don't like hybrid then a gtb2056vl or vk is good for 250/270hp and gtb2260vk is good for 300hp. But you need a custom exhaust manifold and downpipe, nothing plug&play. You also need fuel, big nozzles and 11 or 12mm pump head. A bigger intercooler will also be required at this power target...