Search results

1. K

Satin or wood trim. Which do you prefer?

So, call me old man, but I just bought a set of wood panels off eBay from a salvage SEL. Haven't arrived yet and may be obvious when they do, but how is the console section attached? I can pull on the dash stuff and it pops off but I can't see if the console is the same way. So, any of you...
  2. K

Mileage To Date-How Many Months-Major Issues?

Took delivery first week of Nov. 6000 trouble free miles averaging about 42 mpg over the last few thousand miles. One annoying buzz from driver's rear c pillar, but only at certain highway speeds. Will get it checked at first service. Step dad who is a life long Ford tech rode in it and...
  3. K

Raleigh to seattle

Glad to hear your made it home safe. Now go sleep for a few days! :D
  4. K

Thanksgiving Fun Road Trips

New Passat 6-speed. About 1200 miles this last week on a trip to Florida and back. Averaged around 44. Saw 54.1 over a 150 mile stretch through SC. Loving this car!!!
  5. K

Raleigh to seattle

Go Chris!! Got in the car at 8pm in Raleigh last night and got a text picture of the "Welcome to Louisiana" sign at 10am this morning. No moss growing under the wheels of your new TDI!! Enjoy and keep us updated!! Klaus
  6. K

1997 Passat TDI for sale in NC

Sold!! It worked out! Car now sold to fastrabbit . Thanks Chris and look forward to meeting you! Klaus
  7. K

Please post if you get a new Passat TDI 6 sp

Ah yes!! Found my self with the same dilemma. Got up in the middle of the night and drove it down the freeway for no reason. Enjoyed every minute of it!
  8. K

Thank you sir, I will pm my number to the (many!) others who have responded and go from there. Would like some one to drive and see before buying, but to those of you from the other coast, I feel confident it can make it and perhaps Shelby789 will chime in on his thoughts. Should be ready for a...
  9. K

I can't seem to post a pic to the forum, but here is a link to some photos when we went to pick it up http://www.flickr.com/photos/rkallas/sets/72157627899441357/with/6300391663/ Car was kind of in an awkward spot, so not the greatest photos. Oh well, will crop them later.
  10. K

Hmm.... Try this. Here is a pic of the car while we were at the dealership. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rkallas/6300911906/in/set-72157627899441357 Cleans up a bit better, but we drove it through the rain that morning. You can see the paint falling off the front bumper and hood at least.
  11. K

Have some pics, but don't see a way to "manage attachments" below my reply box. Do I have to have a certain number of posts to access this feature??
  12. K

Sorry, haven't been in front of a computer all weekend. Am talking to a member here in Raleigh and trying to set up a time to meet this week. Will advise if they take it or not. Thanks.
  13. K

9/26 Order pulled for Production on 10/18!!

Well, that whole pesky "job" thing ;)! Got it Saturday and loving it!! Actually not sure why I've been so excited about the car getting here as it is my wife's as well. I'm getting the hand-me-down Prius. Good-bye Fahrvergnugen.......
  14. K

Yes, there is a basic AUX-in located under the armrest along with a 12v outlet.
  15. K

I've stalled mine a few times, but only because I'm not used to the hill holder. That is a strange (but I do admit handy) feature. As far as availability, this one is not for sale...
  16. K

Congrats!! Seems like this is the week of 6 speeds. Mine just hit the dealership yesterday!
  17. K

Tungsten with beige. Will post a pic soon, but looks identical to the car in the "Learn to speak Spanish" commercial.
  18. K

Hello all, Will be taking delivery of my new 2012 Passat on Sat. 10/29. My 1997 Passat will be for sale anytime after that. Before I explain anything about the car, it has a "Salvage / Rebuilt " title. If that scares you, stop reading. Overall: Car runs and drives great. 162k. All options...
  19. K

IT'S HERE! Finally, my 8/6 ordered SE hit the dealership this morning! Salesman sent pictures on his phone with it all wrapped up in it's protective white coat. Can't wait until Saturday to go down and get it (about 3 hours away)...
  20. K

Unavailable color combination?

Wow, my computer color settings must be way off. I see in the description it has Moonrock grey interior. Sorry, got all uppity for nothing.