Search results

1. C

VW Unveils 2015 Golf TDI

Latest rumor, Golf R TDI with 230 horsepower 2.0 TDI http://blog.caranddriver.com/volkswagen-confirms-development-of-twin-turbo-diesel-four-cylinder-2013-frankfurt-auto-show/
  2. C

Audi Nanuk Quattro V10 Diesel Concept

I think this is just a V10 version of the current V6/V8 TDI, but here is some cool tech which will probably make to other TDIs in the future. If this engine is production ready the Q7 will probably get it and possible A8 this time around. "its twin-turbo register charging unit is controlled via...
  3. C

Are Diesels The Future For Luxury Sport Sedans? Audi Says Yes

Here is another preview of A6/A7 TDIs with some good info. "Audi has fitted the U.S. car with a slightly smaller compressor than the comparable European model to tweak the power curve, sacrificing autobahn power on the top end for low-end responsiveness." I would have to agree with their final...
  4. C

Both are more than adequate I would assume but at the A8's price I would just upgrade to the V8 and embarrass almost any challenger. The A8 V8/S8 and W12 are pretty great at the quarter mile but MB just came out with the new S class with quite a bit of power in the base trim and we are talking...
  5. C

True, but you can see that the gap grows rapidly with speed.
  6. C

News about VW next generation of Tdi engines

45/46 mpg is about all you can do on the EPA test. The way the test operates the 1.6 TDI would probably do no better if not likely worse than the 2.0 TDI.
  7. C

2014 Audi A6/A7 TDI: Turbodiesels a ‘perfect fit’

The V6 TDI is a no go for transverse engines.
  8. C

The 3.0T is quite a bit stronger than the US 3.0 TDI, the difference will be more than just a tenth, especially as speeds pick up. The 1/4 mile trap speed gap is significant. Here are two comparable A8 tests. The TDI will do fine but the 3.0T is stronger. The bi-turbo 3.0 TDI would be closer to...
  9. C

Porsche Announces First U.S. Diesel - The Cayenne

But the decision has become clear, Audi/VW/Porsche will only use two TDIs for all the models that will come with a tdi. The A8 which has a V8 TDI in Europe will only use the V6 here in the US. There are two reasons, Audi/Porsche aren't spending money to make the V8 legal for fairly small sales...
  10. C

Audi To Debut 4 New TDI Clean Diesel Models For 2013

Perhaps it's not the latest version anymore but I am pretty sure it was just simply a weakened 120 hp version when the 1.8T made 160 horsepower in its last generation. I am not even sure how Audi manages such a meager power output with a turbo gas engine, the peak power even arrives earlier than...
  11. C

Yeah it probably is easier math when you can increase the MSRP by 40,000 on some of those engine options. To be fair those enigne are reused elsewhere in the MB lineup. Aside from the S400 V6 none of those are unique single model engines, and even there it's probably quite similar to what the...
  12. C

The US V6 TDIs for sure will come with the 8 speed ZF gearbox. It's essentially the best auto on the market today and the one that already comes in the A4/A6/Q5/A7/A8 is the same model that goes into BMW, Bentley, Rolls Royce and others. If it's good enough for a Bentley with 752 lb-ft of torque...
  13. C

Audi plotting a 235-mpg, "affordable" four-seat city car

Sales on the Year for Toyota: Camry: 344,714 Corolla: 243,652 Prii: 200,114 RAV4: 145,103 Highlander: 99,390 Yaris: 26,397 Sales on the Year for Honda: Accord: 276,196 Civic: 254,716 CR-V: 233,586 Pilot: 94,116 Fit: 42,351 Nissan Sales So Far: Altima: 258,663 Rogue: 118,199 Versa: 93,883...
  14. C

Audi plotting a 235-mpg, "affordable" four-seat city car

A compact certainly won't make VW the big dog in the US. The Yaris has very disappointing sales for a Toyota. Other compacts' brand share isn't nearly as big as you think and profits if any are minuscule supposedly. The priorities for VW to reach its stated sales goals are: Americanized Tiguan...
  15. C

2014 VW Golf Wagon/JSW wagon

Can't see too much yet, should be a little sharper than the curent one and probably won't have the "unique" taillights of the current one.
  16. C

Audi R8 TDI slated for 2017 - report

I would classify this as rumor at this point in time with slim production plans. Maybe it would be good for a concept.
  17. C

AutoNews Now: Igniting the diesel market (Video)

The A3 TDI sedan was never due this winter. There is no such thing as an A3 sedan yet. There is speculation that a production version will be shown at an upcoming autoshow and go on sale in Fall 2013 at the earliest. But I haven't even seen any A3 sedan spy shots so this timeframe might be quite...
  18. C

The impending diesel bombardment

Nah, only like 75,000 to start. :D
  19. C

The impending diesel bombardment

Officia Audi TDI release dates: 2014 MY Availability A8 TDI Spring 2013 A7 TDI Fall 2013 A6 TDI Fall 2013 Q5 TDI Fall 2013 Audi promises 24/36 for the A8 TDI.
  20. C

Porsche Announces First U.S. Diesel - The Cayenne

So they say that Porsche modified the Audi V8 TDI to get the extra 40 horsepower with their own parts? Not sure what this means to the rumored 400+ hp V8 TDI for the A8 and next Q7 that should have newer tech all around and not just some updates or unless the 380 hp is the new version? The...