Search results

1. DJGonzo

Timing belt snapped due to glow plug tip falling in?

I believe this is what happened to my BHW (swapped in my MK4). The belt was relatively new. I'll snap a picture of the piston tomorrow. What do you guys think? Should I get the steel glow plugs this time around?
  2. DJGonzo

16v PD BRE with GTB2260VK... What nozzles?

I need help picking nozzles for this build. I tried looking for Firad nozzles but the only thing available is 120% I think that is overkill for a simple 2260 build
  3. DJGonzo

On a 1/10 scale, how bad is this?

oilhammer, even if I get new bolts, I don't think I trust it. Could I fit bigger bolts?
  4. DJGonzo

Fixed it!! Took the valve cover off one more time and checked the injectors bolt downs. Cylinder 3 boltdown bolt was completely loose. I thightened all 4 to spec and now she purrs!
  5. DJGonzo

After a clearing of codes and letting it idle for a few minutes this came back
  6. DJGonzo

This is a fresh rebuild after 2 pistons had melted. Injector service was (stupidly) overlooked. Rebuild lasted 300 miles before the engine started misfiring on the highway. Kept driving for another 20 miles. When car reached destination, engine shook massively. Took really long to start. Upon...
  7. DJGonzo

Where can I purchase a set of BHW pistons that don't cost an arm and a leg?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282355394158 Are these any good? idparts doesn't have these in stock
  8. DJGonzo

I didn't but 200 CAD for a used set vs 700USD+ for a new set... Yeah
  9. DJGonzo

Done. Bought a used set from them Where can I get some rings now?
  10. DJGonzo

I rather keep the melted pistons in the engine than buy prothe pistons
  11. DJGonzo

660 dollars + shipping from the UK... Too bad Rock Auto isn't selling these for $500 anymore :(
  12. DJGonzo

Where can I purchase a set of BHW pistons that don't cost an arm and a leg? $1000 USD for a set is too much for me
  13. DJGonzo

Are these INA lifters Chinese knockoffs?

That sounds like sound logic but it isn't. The Chinese have cheap ARP2000 bolts and its been checked by ARP themselves to be legit. The problem is that if these are knockoff, then I have no real way of telling what I'm buying from a different vendor. Some vendor could be selling these and not...
  14. DJGonzo

Are these INA lifters Chinese knockoffs?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232255416056
  15. DJGonzo

BHW Piston Rings - Anyone have a good source?

My blowby is severe enough that if I plug in the PCV hose into the intake tract I will get oil smoke every time I start up the car. I'm considering doing a catch can.
  16. DJGonzo

No, more like a "get back in line" type of thing lol
  17. DJGonzo

I honestly didn't bother with a catch can style system. I just disconnected the PCV hose and I'm doing vent to atmosphere. The fumes are a little too much sometimes, though. Frank06 has some piston rings but I'm first in line!
  18. DJGonzo

Hot start issue on BHW MK4 Jetta

But its only the first start. Afterwards you can start it a million times and its perfectly OK until you wait a few secs. It's actually been doing it for about 2 years and it drives me insane. I'll take a look at voltage drop
  19. DJGonzo

Hot start issue on BHW MK4 Jetta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTIioHygDuY Its irritating. Its notorious when warm. Is it a ground? Is it the software? Its a BHW on a 99.5 MK4 (originally ALH). Its running BEW ECU and harness with cold start maps and injection maps from the BHW.
  20. DJGonzo

I dislike using this part of the forum for this but I want to do a mini overhaul on my BHW with GTB1756VK due to some blowby issues and I can't help but notice that the piston rings for the BHW are crazy expensive! The cheapest I've seen them is $50 for a set for one piston. IDParts has them...