Search results

1. JERMS

Going back to stock sale! Nor Cal

Bump. Cat, Race Pipe and Q loader still available. Make an offer!
  2. JERMS

Awesome, you're very welcome!
  3. JERMS

Bump Make an offer, I need to get rid of this stuff.
  4. JERMS

You're welcome, Tom! Bump, price reduced on cat...
  5. JERMS

...and another Almost forgot... I bought a Magnaflow diesel cat to put in my down pipe but never got around to it. Now that I no longer have a diesel, it's up for sale. It's brand new, never installed universal diesel catalytic converter 2.5" in and out. $70 shipped
  6. JERMS

PM headed your way, Jake.
  7. JERMS

Oh, thanks for the heads up! I just got off the phone with them and they charge $225 to transfer the tune. New price for the Q-loader: $200
  8. JERMS

Q-Loader and Race pipe still available! Make an offer!
  9. JERMS

CAI and Gauge SPF
  10. JERMS

OMI and intercooler pipes sold pending funds...
  11. JERMS

I'm trading in the '03 for a '13, so that means all my performance parts are coming off and going to someone who can still use them. KermaTDI QLoader: $200- Used once to upload tune. You'll have to pay a nominal transfer fee to Kerma to have them send you a tune. Works perfectly. Originally $550...
  12. JERMS

18" Mallory Wheels et41 on a 2011 Golf TDI?

You should be fine, fitment wise. They will be a littler heavier than what you have but the 2011 golf did come with 18s from the factory, although with 225/40 tires.
  13. JERMS

Inexpensive ALH downpipe on ebay.

IMO , even the "ugly" down pipe is prettier. Looks like some boogered up weld jobs to me, but it'll probably do the job. You get what you pay for, buy once, cry once.
  14. JERMS

CR140 Big Turbo Build

You said its unlikely that any automaker would regress on engine stiffness as time goes on, and I showed you one that did, that's how we got on this tangent.
  15. JERMS

CR140 Big Turbo Build

While I agree that more material is not necessarily better, in this case it is. According to this book, newer blocks are to be avoided at all costs for serious builds. As u can imagine, many racers have found the limits of the factory blocks. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1884089550 But I digress
  16. JERMS

CR140 Big Turbo Build

I don't know about the TDI's but in terms of the small block Ford V8, the earlier (60s) engine blocks had a lot more material than the later (90's) engine blocks.
  17. JERMS

Draining your intercooler?

I think every oil change might be overkill. I drained mine at about 160k miles and got about 1/4 cup also. I haven't even checked it since then, I don't think it's worth the time to do it with so little amount of oil, personally.
  18. JERMS

Yes, another suspension question.............

I agree, I'd go with OE replacements. My car used to ride like a Cadillac with stock stuff- high and soft. PS... What highways do you drive on? I lived on the East coast for 7 years before I moved back to Sacramento and I've never seen worse roads that what I saw in Pittsburgh. I literally...