Search results

1. zanne101

2002 Golf battery

I am having a hard time figuring out which battery will work in my Golf. The battery in now is very large (12x7x7approx) but when i check around, all the batteries suggested for my car are very small. Will these work to fit in the battery area? I was looking at Walmart's Value Power group 65...
  2. zanne101

Stafford Virginia, anyone need a4/a5/b4 TDI work? Broken Glow Plug Removal too.

Need to save this thread If we had the proposed ferry from Reedville to Onancock, I would be over there in a flash. Right now, that is a loooong trip.:) If I can coordinate two trips into one, I'll call ahead.
  3. zanne101

2002 Golf 5 Spd TDI, Can I tow a small travel trailer?

Just some more info I came across when looking for info. from http://retro-eriba.com The UK caravan club recommend that the maximum weight of your caravan should weigh no more than 85% of your car. Eriba Touring caravans have an excellent towing reputation, great stability and low aerodynamic...
  4. zanne101

The only towing weight I could get out of old emails with Hymer was this: "if it's a 2.0 TDI the towing capacity is 1.500kg (with breaks)brakes, this is 3300lbs." I have looked back in my emails and documents, but couldn't find the rest of the info I had. I had an old Dell computer which got...
  5. zanne101

Hi, Thanks for the info, but I already have my Puck - just got it a week ago. I actually looked at almost everything out there that was possibly within the weight range I needed. I researched for about a year before I bought the Puck. I looked at teardrops, but you can't stand up in them. The...
  6. zanne101

Interesting info Here's something I ran across on the Eriba Puck sticky on thesamba.com forum: Eriba Travel Trailers started in 1952 in Bad Waldsee, West Germany The 1967/68 model specs (I'm sure most Pucks have relatively the same specs) were as follows: Length include hitch: 12ft Width...
  7. zanne101

German numbers? When you asked for German numbers, do you mean numbers for towing weight or the phone numbers. I got the VW info through a Hymer dealer - I gave him my VIN. Here's the email address I started with www.info@hymer.com. I was asking about the newer Pucks and wondering if I...
  8. zanne101

Wacky info for VWs Hi Brucetmoose, I don't know if you have read any of my/others' earlier posts on towing, but VW America is a little hyper about towing at all. But Germany VW says OK and ups the weight allowed (they looked up my VIN#). Also, in one section, my manual says not to tow, but...
  9. zanne101

Hitches Hi McBrew, I posted earlier, but it's not showing up. ????. So, if all of a sudden there's 2 similar replies, that's why. The Bosal is a lot more expensive and has a fixed ball. The Curt is more flexible in add-ons etc. I'm on a budget and I still have to register the Puck & pay...
  10. zanne101

Hi All, The Puck was delivered yesterday. It's in decent shape, but I sure wish people would clean things before they sell! Mildewy, a little grimy. :eek: I'm airing it out before I tackle the scrubbing. A lot of the rubber trim/seals need to be redone. And before the winter, I need to paint...
  11. zanne101

Portland to No. Calif to Virginia ?

Hi All, I've arranged for transport for my Eriba Puck from Calif to Virginia. Just wanted to let everyone know in case they were considering my request for a tow. Thanks, Zanne
  12. zanne101

Problem Solved Hi Everyone, Well, it was down to the wire, but I lucked out and found someone to tow the Puck from No.Calif to Virginia. The Puck will be picked up soon, maybe this weekend if seller's schedule allows. So I should have it before the holiday weekend. Thanks to all - I'm sure...
  13. zanne101

Hi, I've also posted this in the FEST forum, but thought I'd post it here also. I'm trying to see if anyone going to the Fest in Portland would be interested in picking up and towing an Eriba Puck trailer on the way back to the East Coast (I'm in Virginia). It's currently in No. Calif (15 mins...
  14. zanne101

Hi, I'm trying to see if anyone going to the Fest in Portland would be interested in picking up and towing an Eriba Puck trailer on the way back to the East Coast (I'm in Virginia). It's currently in No. Calif (15 mins so. of Sacramento), weighs about 1,000 lbs, is 6'6"H and total length is...
  15. zanne101

Those are terrific pics. I'm sure my diesel guy can do this. I'll just make sure he puts his best guy on it - not the one who just got out of mechanic school :o Actually, he's done very well so far. If I sound paranoid, it's because I had my Honda Prelude blow the timing belt, which went...
  16. zanne101

Uhaul around here is the last place you want anything done. I'll trust my diesel guy before them. I'm on Va's Eastern Shore. Really rural and some people think they have a captive audience and can do less-than-good work and get away with it. Not all, just too many. I knew about the bridge...
  17. zanne101

McBrew: Congrats on Quinn - of course, since this is a car forum, don't know if this is a 2-legged Quinn or a 4-wheeled Quinn.:) Post a pic! BTW, I read your posts re putting on a Curt hitch. Would you consider putting one on my Golf? And, of course, I would pay you a fee. Or do you think...
  18. zanne101

Nick: They also have a little 13' in the Casita trailer. I got a chance to look at one. It's really well made and the interior has a lot in it. Maybe once I get used to towing. :) But the Puck is cute and once my move is done, may be just enough for little weekend sightseeing trips. I'm...
  19. zanne101

Check out the Casitas, you can get one probably cheaper than a Tab and it has a shower/toilet in it. Very nice. Just too big for me to tow. Of course, if your TDI is the size of mine then you're as limited as I've been. Also, Little Joes look nice and they will do alterations to the interior...
  20. zanne101

That 4 door, silver Golf in the picture is exactly what i drive. When I said I'm buying a Puck, I should have said I've already made a deal on one. I'm not looking anymore - I found what I want :) and we've already come to an agreement. I just have to get it to VA. There's no rush, just needs...