Search results

1. Steve140

Intermittent coolant leak

Update: Changed the coolant flange o-ring and the temp sensor o-ring while I was at it. $5 in parts and not difficult except the steel “Jesus” pipe as I call it blocks the removal of the flange housing. We gently bent it back 1/2” since i didn’t want to attempt to remove that and so far no...
  2. Steve140

Thanks. 651,000 on the 24 year old car. The seals are bound to go sometime.
  3. Steve140

Are you still driving your TDi?

Here’s a better one. Original engine, trans, pump and turbo.
  4. Steve140

Sorry I was driving at night. The iPhone 8 doesn’t do very good photos in the dark.
  5. Steve140

Hi. I have an odd coolant leak on my 2000 Golf (manual transmission). Intermittently it leaks coolant from the drivers side of the head where the coolant flange is. Only does it after it cools down. Leaves a bit of coolant on top of the transmission in the recesses. Hard spot to visually see...
  6. Steve140

I’m still driving mine.
  7. Steve140

LF: 2011 dpf + egr deletes + tune

I got a full tune and delete by Buzzken in Markham 6 years ago and the car runs great still. I probably saved enough money on fuel and maintenance to have paid for it by now.
  8. Steve140

Diesel price...

1.439 at Bear Creek on the Rez near London today. 1.339 if you buy cherry.:censored:
  9. Steve140

Year and Mileage Check

The 2000 Golf. I’ve owned it 21 years now. I just drive it from Nov-April and switch over to my 2011 for the summer. The 2011 car is deleted and tuned and hasn’t seen salted roads in 6 years. 😁
  10. Steve140

Year and Mileage Check

636400. Original engine, transmission, turbo and pump.
  11. Steve140

Will diesel cars depreciate horribly from here on in?

I’m seeing insane prices for decent ALHs now. As in like 5k for a good one. That’s a good return on investment for a 20 year old car. They’re getting hard to find now though!
  12. Steve140

Diesel price...

$166.9 at the local Rez. Take 10c off that for the pink stuff. :whistle:
  13. Steve140

Year and Mileage Check

I take care of her but even with oil spraying rust is starting to be an issue. I think they salt the roads here more than ever. Hence why my 2011 stays put during the winter.
  14. Steve140

ALH injection pump reseal

I got mine repaired last year by a guy in London. He didn’t even have to take the pump off to change the o rings. Did have to wait a few days for parts to come but otherwise no more leak.
  15. Steve140

Year and Mileage Check

619,050 on my 2000 Golf. Original engine, trans, pump and turbo. Only drive it in the winter now so I don’t rack up the mileage anymore.
  16. Steve140

Diesel price...

There’s a Flying J in my area. They used to be the cheapest diesel and now they are by far the most expensive. $156.9! I go to the local Rez and it was 122.9 yesterday or $111.9 if you don’t mind the pink stuff. :censored:
  17. Steve140

Time to "End of Life" my '03 Golf TDI?

I keep my 2000 Golf as my winter warrior now. I have a newer one that I don’t want to drive in the salt. Every fall I touch up the rust spots with some tremclad silver paint, and fix what needs to be fixed. I probably spend more than what it’s worth but I’ve had this car forever. 600,000 km now...
  18. Steve140

Getting Stuck in 5th Gear

I know there are lot of threads on this in the past but what is the most probable cause of getting stuck in 5th when I come to a stop (going down a gear or neutral prevents this but sometimes I forget!!) Shifting fork? 2000 Golf with 600,000kms.
  19. Steve140

Buying a CR with a DPF delete. Any issues with certification?

Are the cats deleted as well? Some places might give you grief if they are gone.
  20. Steve140

Anybody know why the price of diesel seems so high these days?

82.9 at the local Indian reserve for the past few weeks. 72.9 if you don’t mind it in pink!