Search results

1. FlyBoyOz

RNS-510 Revision E

PM Sent.
  2. FlyBoyOz

Loud howling noise at 60MPH

I just replaced my timing belt and I now have the same droning noise at speed. Not RPM specific. Doesn't matter what gear I am in, including neutral, the noise is present. Sounds like the right side, too. I have a DSG. If you are able to find the noise, please share! :-)
  3. FlyBoyOz

2006 BRM engine noise and surging/shuddering

I admire your ability to document your work, however, you certainly win the "Give VW all your money" award. Is there a Guru anywhere near you? I'm not smart enough to say you went about this the wrong way, but holy sh!t man...
  4. FlyBoyOz

2006 - Hissing sound, blown EGR cooler valve, help?

And that is exactly why I went the EGR delete route! There was no way I was going to pay $300+ for a part with the same design flaw as the one that just failed. Especially, when I can spend the same amount of money and remove the problem FOREVER AND get a horsepower and torque bump!
  5. FlyBoyOz

2006 - Hissing sound, blown EGR cooler valve, help?

I just performed an EGR delete because if this whole leaky EGR cooler ordeal. One rocketchip, two block-off plates later all is amazing! Getting at the bolts was a pain. I used my Allen socket set (thanks Ducati) to get at the bolts.
  6. FlyBoyOz

EGR Fix rather then replace ?

Where did you get the plate to block off the top of your EGR cooler? I ordered two exhaust plates, thinking they would fit *facepalm*.
  7. FlyBoyOz

I don't recall, but I am one of the few Silver Jetta TDI's zipping around this little place. I just got under my car... that EGR is BACK there... oh how I miss my ALH... I believe I'll just be blocking it off, no way I'm going to remove that thing. I live down by Grant Park, btw.
  8. FlyBoyOz

Hey Marinel! I'm getting ready to do the same thing to mine! What torque value did you use on those nuts?
  9. FlyBoyOz

Low idle at times ??

Hey Hodizz, Did you ever get this resolved? Mine appears to be doing the same thing. Not as low as yours, but definitely in the 700's. Thanks!
  10. FlyBoyOz

Ticking Sound

Glad I searched the forum for this. I have a 2006 Jetta that is doing the same thing, but it happens to randomly and only last a couple seconds that I never have time to troubleshoot the condition. That, and I am not able to produce the noise on demand. It's the same noise mentioned by the OP...
  11. FlyBoyOz

FS: Micro-CAN (USB)

Email sent.
  12. FlyBoyOz

The noise guessing game!

Grrrrrr... Nearest shop on the trusted list in Birmingham, AL. My two guru's are both backlogged pretty bad. Guess I might actually have to take the car to the stealership after-all... BLAST!!! I guess we'll see how this goes... Thanks GG, for the help! What does it take to get an Oilhammer...
  13. FlyBoyOz

The noise guessing game!

Bump...
  14. FlyBoyOz

The noise guessing game!

Pictures! Alright... this is what I can see... On the drivers side, this bolt (sorry that I don't know the name of it) that holds the arm that connects the wheel, to the chassis. As you can see, the driver side bolt is not straight and leans, unlike the passenger side bolt that is straight up...
  15. FlyBoyOz

The noise guessing game!

Alright... I was finally able to get under my car today. The mounts seem fine, as do the flanges. I did see something very suspect though; my outer CV boot is torn all the way around the small band (I am able to move the entire boot towards the wheel). Is it likely that this is what's causing...
  16. FlyBoyOz

The noise guessing game!

I see what you're asking about now; it's not a humming, but a thudding/rattle. Plus, I have a DSG and not a manual. Is there an easy way to exam the axle flange bolts; or am I taking my wheel/rotor off?
  17. FlyBoyOz

The noise guessing game!

Shouldn't be. Could the engine mount(s) be to blame?
  18. FlyBoyOz

The noise guessing game!

More info... Drive home was relatively straight, but my drive to work involves a hard right turn. After the turn, the noise seems to have gone away (think I might hear a VERY VERY low speed thudding, but it might be my head).
  19. FlyBoyOz

The noise guessing game!

The noise guessing game! *UPDATE* Who will win the noise guessing game? Lets find out! The DMF on my 2006 Jetta went out last week (all warning noises), had it towed to a guru recommended garage (since my local gurus are so popular, thus so busy). I provided the DMF (from IDParts), and they...