Search results

1. shift957

how many miles have you racked up on your TDI?

7 years later and I'm at 299,000. Just had 3,500 in repairs and maintenance done at Everything Euro. I think the stock turbo is getting weak. Car has. Malone stage 3 tune and would chirp 3rd gear when I got it, 120k miles ago. Now, it's slow to boost and doesn't gitty up like she used to...
  2. shift957

Agm or Lead Acid? Whats everyones favorite?

Go to YouTube and check out Project Farm channel. He did a pretty good test on many batteries, noting that some are made in the same factory, look and have identical specs, yet are priced differently. I believe the Walmart battery did well overall. In my experience, I bought 3 large agm...
  3. shift957

02 Jetta: Passenger side marker lights out, fuse and bulbs good.

Turns out, the headlight switch was the issue. Hopefully, replacement of it will remedy the intermittent delay of the headlights coming on too. Thanks for the responses. Always appreciated!
  4. shift957

Mr loops, I haven't checked the voltage yet. Been raining out and I'm under the weather currently. Tdi-wnc, it all 3 marker lights. Front in headlight, side and tail. Not sure if that was clear. Thanks for the responses. I'll try to check voltage today.
  5. shift957

So I've been doing some research on my phone about my situation. All dash lights work fine. I bought the bulbs, went to replace the tail light bulb only to find it good. A post in here said to check fuse 22 and 23, so I did and both are fine. So I am stumped here. A friend said he had a...
  6. shift957

02 Jetta: Brakes sometimes stick after mild braking

Thank you all for the replies, much appreciated!
  7. shift957

02 Jetta: Brakes sometimes stick after mild braking

A little background: 250k miles, replaced driver rear caliper and rotor last fall due to sticky parking brake. Last month, I was getting sticking on highway after a good bit of driving, sometimes hours. So I replaced the other 3 calipers and rotors. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same...
  8. shift957

02 Jetta: Passenger mirror heater stuck on

So there are 3 positions to this switch: left mirror, heater, and right mirror. And when the switch is positioned in the center, it actuates the heaters. So you have to leave the switch on either left or right mirror to not have the mirror heaters on if I understand correctly? I've driven...
  9. shift957

I guess the switch was off. I never mess with it. Honestly, I'm not 100% sure how to turn them on and off. Push the mirror control in? I figure it would turn itself off like rear defroster? The mirror housing is cracked and a little loose. I moved it around a little inspecting where I could...
  10. shift957

Took a drive and noticed my passenger side mirror looked foggy. After a bit more driving, it was looking charred. Seems that the mirror heater stuck on and burned up the plastic mirror. Any tips on how to get the electrical connection to unplug the heater before it does more damage? I tried...
  11. shift957

Car has no power. Maybe MAF issue, don't want to throw parts at it.... help meeeeee!

I just went through a similar experience and tried twice to clean the maf with no success. I have an '02 with 235k on it and a stage 3 tune. It just went bad, no hesitations. I replaced it just the other day and immediately the car ran great again. I had to cycle the ignition each time...
  12. shift957

MAF Sensor replace: OEM or Bosch from IDParts?

Been traveling the past 2 weeks and finally got home to the new MAF waiting with a bunch of Mann filters. Plugged it in and immediately had full power driving out of the neighborhood. I cycled the ignition switch when the CE light came on while driving a total of 4 times before it didn't come...
  13. shift957

Blacktree, I read your post at lunch and gave the unplug a try on the way home from work. It seemed to go faster unplugged. But in all honesty, I'm used to the car having good power to go from 60-100 pretty quickly. So right now, plugged or unplugged seem very slow to me. Thanks for your...
  14. shift957

Thanks for the replies! I mis-typed the code he gave me. It's actually P0102. He also wrote "mass of volume air flow A circuit low input" I guess I should try to find d someone close with a vag com.
  15. shift957

Looking for advise for my 2002 Jetta TDI with a Malone stage 3 tune and 235,000 on it. The check engine light is on, limp mode is totally killing the acceleration. Guy at Autozone hooked up a OBD2 and got the P0108 code -- MAF sensor. I tried using CRC MAF sensor cleaner and watched...
  16. shift957

Jet A Fuel

So I was doing a search to see if anyone was adding Marvel Mystery Oil to their crank case before changing oil, and came across this thread. Shortly after I got my TDI (1.5 years ago) I was searching the forum for lubricants to add to the fuel for my '02. I found a post with exact findings...
  17. shift957

Trusted TDI parts websites?

Okay, I remembered IDParts.com was one. Anyone have any other personal favorites?
  18. shift957

Trusted TDI parts websites?

I did some searches, looked in my hot links, and googled a bit but am short on time at the moment. I'm looking to order filters for the '02 TDI -- oil, fuel, cabin, etc. and cannot remember the site I was looking at a long time ago. I'd rather support smaller, tdi specific sites than big...
  19. shift957

'02 Jetta: Monsoon seems to be lacking bass now

I did a bit of looking around in the forum but didn't find anything that seemed quite like my issue. So I guess I'll ask the gurus. I've driven this car for 40 in the past 16 months and I recall the stereo having really good bass. I had to turn the bass knob down on some songs. Not sure what...
  20. shift957

WTB: NC or VA: (1) '02 Jetta wheel, Metal Skid Plate

Sent you a pm. Sorry, I need the 15" OEM wheel, so I don't think that will work. I believe I have something worked out for the wheel at this point.