1. r72gsaol

WTB 2003 Jetta Battery Tray

Thanks, I need the longer version.
  2. r72gsaol

Thanks, I need the longer version. I think the P/N is 1J0 915 333
  3. r72gsaol

Just the lower tray. The clamp bolt on mine is rusted and the nut plate spins.
  4. r72gsaol

2003 Jetta P251 No start

I don't think so. I did have fuel even when it wouldn't start.
  5. r72gsaol

2003 Jetta P251 No start

Changed the filter. Running fine for over 100 miles. Not sure what happened but I hope it was an isolated event.
  6. r72gsaol

2003 Jetta P251 No start

That's what I do with every filter change. I put it in recently but worth replacing in just in case.
  7. r72gsaol

2003 Jetta P251 No start

It was a no start the morning after a long drive. I'm going to replace the fuel filter just because I feel I need to do something.
  8. r72gsaol

2003 Jetta P251 No start

Removed the cover. No metal shavings, everything looks good. Wiper moves freely. Car runs great. I'd really like to find out what happened.
  9. r72gsaol

2003 Jetta P251 No start

Thanks, I'll check that!
  10. r72gsaol

2003 Jetta P251 No start

My mistake P252, I fixed the post.
  11. r72gsaol

2003 Jetta P251 No start

Drove it 300 plus miles yesterday with no issues. This morning it starts and runs like 10 seconds before it dies and won't restart. I go thru the normal stuff, I have fuel, swapped relay 109, etc. I removed the intake hose at the EGR to see if there was a blockage in the turbo or intake...
  12. r72gsaol

Another lock/alarm problem...stumped

I had a similar problem when I replaced the battery in my Jetta. I did a capacitive discharge and the locks have worked fine ever since. Just disconnect the battery leads and hold them together for 15 minutes then reconnect. It is an easy thing to try first....
  13. r72gsaol

No Power

MAF does not always throw a code. Easy way to check is un-plug it. If it runs better then you know it is a bad MAF. After that look at VNT actuator, N75, etc..
  14. r72gsaol

Infuriating low power ALH(99.5)

I had a similar problem. I had good vacuum or so it seemed. The vacuum tee was restricted with crud and while I had good vacuum on the gauge the volume was too low. I had to use a small drill bit to open it back up. Back to normal now.
  15. r72gsaol

VW rust Warranty is dust in the wind

I just had my 03 sedan deck lid and left front fender replaced due to rust. The deck lid was rusting around the license plate lights and just starting to bubble. The fender had the typical rust but had not perforated yet. The right front was replaced two years ago. No problems getting it...
  16. r72gsaol

TB if head is off after run away

Yes, you will need to set it up just as if you were replacing the belt once you are done. If the belt has any age it would not be a bad idea to replace it while you are in there.
  17. r72gsaol

Acceleration vibration

Inner CV joints, do a search. Lots of info on them.
  18. r72gsaol

very low boost. Pressure deviation low. specific N75 question im confused

Check the "t" fitting going to the N-75. Mine was clogged, it would produce vacuum but not enough volume could make it through as you describe. I had to use a small drill bit to open it up. It works great now.
  19. r72gsaol

Very high IQ when Idling

Sometimes it can be that easy......happy to hear it's fixed.
  20. r72gsaol

Very high IQ when Idling

Look up hammer mod. Pretty easy to fix.