Search results

1. SilverGhost

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Only about 15,000 shops affected. Even heard that Costco used CDK for something in their store (tire shop?). But most car dealerships that use CDK have been at stand still or limping badly. Jason
  2. SilverGhost

@northern diesel Found these on Ebay that may be closer to what you were looking for. Jetta wagon tail lamps And I found this link on Ebay that shows the Euro Ocean lamps - looks like you could take the amber lens out and use the rear turn signal bulb from a facelift NB to get the clear lens...
  3. SilverGhost

Our labor rate is $285 last I checked. Closest Audi (Brahmen) is >$450/hr. Florida charges tax on parts and labor. Like most dealers there is shop supplies charge (which is $$ grab). Jason OMFG!!! :eek:o_O:eek: From Nissan dealer - $210.33 for left hatch strut, $193.36 for right hatch strut...
  4. SilverGhost

That's us, unless the customer does something really stupid. Jason
  5. SilverGhost

On the labor time there seems to be a minimum time for a RO. I don't agree because of the large $$$ but it is same issue in many industries that it takes a minimum amount to even work on a project to make it profitable. Does not matter if its a print job for advertiser, or natural gas line to...
  6. SilverGhost

I agree with you, but I can see the price reasoning. Amazon/Autozone struts are not the same as dealer - I have had a couple teeth chipped by those bastard struts from the parts store. OEM can be >$100 each. Second the stupid amount of regulation has cause dealers to charge over $300/hr shop...
  7. SilverGhost

I have pushed it too far after fuel light many times. Only time it came to bite me was when I did that when it was very cold(don't remember exact but had to be close to 0F I think) and fuel started to gel. Car stumbled and stalled at the station and I had to push it up to the pump. It then took...
  8. SilverGhost

Only one thought to add - I have had a few injection pumps crap them selves when I tried to prime them after a fuel filter change. Mostly it was the internal transfer pump (that sucks fuel from the tank for the injection pump) that failed. We could get the car to run after suppling fuel with...
  9. SilverGhost

One in a million chance rings lined up on multiple cylinders? Jason
  10. SilverGhost

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

For the record I believe it is 3.78541L/gal
  11. SilverGhost

Check your radiator/condenser fan operation NOW

Quick search; RED TEK 12a, a proprietary blended, highly efficient Hydrocarbon refrigerant, is designed as a direct replacement and retrofit refrigerant option for replacing R134a and R12 substitutes in automotive air conditioning and refrigeration systems. MULTICOOL 12a is a surrogate fluid...
  12. SilverGhost

Yeah, it makes our jobs harder as a repair facility and everyone who does their own repairs its getting tricky to stay out of trouble. And ignorance of the rules doesn't make the fine any less. Oh, and not a new thing but it is being enforced more - have to vacuum check system and NOT charge...
  13. SilverGhost

Ah, that doesn't help.... Yeah, I have had bad luck on A/M parts. And some OE stuff recently. Supply chain, blah, blah, blah, has screwed up a lot of industries.... Jason
  14. SilverGhost

Just sat through an ASE training on how the new proposed rules and effective rules are going to work. Big take aways - they are trying to phase out R134a supplies, but it will still take a while for prices to go up R12 territory. EPA had new recycling rules that effectively would ban every...
  15. SilverGhost

Is the Alternator pulley a one way clutch version? Is it the correct direction (rotation)? A/M or OEM? I almost replaced a dual mass flywheel over a bad alternator pulley (the "new" one in the box was bad). Jason
  16. SilverGhost

I have one of those Harbor Freight welders and can confirm they suck! I am a little spoiled having access, at points in my life, to much better equipment and have found some of those cheap welders actually make it harder to weld without a lot of practice. For that same class (size/rating/etc)...
  17. SilverGhost

If you can find the VW silicon VW makes that is white, use it. I call that s**t magic for all the times it sealed up stuff that was pissing oil. Quite literally had oil actively running across the sealing surface and that stuff still sealed it up. Also sets up kinda rubbery, not spongy silicon...
  18. SilverGhost

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

I work with owner at Venture Autowerks in Jupiter. We both started out on VW and I end up with the TDIs. Jason
  19. SilverGhost

Not a new thing but Comifornia was trying to get rid of salt because of the run off killing everything along the side of the road. Haven't bothered to see if they actually banned salt or not, but it does make sense. Can't wait until alternative roads make salt a thing of the past... was that...
  20. SilverGhost

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Prices for D2 dropped around WPB, FL recently. Was hovering around $4.05 to 4.35/gal. As RUG started trending up I noticed D2 was <$4 at a lot of stations. Jason