Search results

1. X

2003 Passat TDI can't shift it in gear

It's the first time something like this happen. :( So, should I keep driving it or..? As far as I understand this can and will happen again? Unexpectedly? It's really a mystery how it "fixed" itself though. :confused:
  2. X

2003 Passat TDI can't shift it in gear

Hello! Yesterday I had a weird thing happen to me. Basically I was driving in the city in 3rd gear (manual trans) then I wanted to shift into 4th, but I couldn't, it felt like something was blocking it. So i decided to stop and investigate. Stopped at a parking lot and tried to shift, but...
  3. X

TDI won't start, low oil

Thanks :) I will check oil tomorrow. Shouldn't be so cold as today.
  4. X

TDI won't start, low oil

Hello, Few moments ago I tried to start my 2003 1.9TDI Passat (AVF engine) but was unsuccessful. Battery is OK, glow plugs also (was driving it yesterday). As I was trying to start it oil warning came on then I suddenly turned the ignition off. Opened the hood to check on oil and strangely...
  5. X

2003 Passat TDI

First cold start this winter https://youtu.be/9yTw7U2zhwY -11 is not much, but still :)
  6. X

2003 Passat TDI

What about prices in your country? Are they higher? If I'm correct you're from Canada.
  7. X

2003 Passat TDI

Hey, thank you for the kind words. Yes those indeed are headlight washers (because of the xenon headlights) in Europe the car MUST have washers if you have xenon's. As for the prices: something similar is rather hard to find :) by saying similar i mean this trim level with manual transmission...
  8. X

2003 Passat TDI

Hi! I'm kinda new to the forum, spent most of the time reading instead of posting. :o Just wanted to show my current Passat. It's a 2003 B5.5 Wagon, AVF engine, 6 speed manual, bought it in late 2014, changed the belts, thermostat, oil + filters and recently egr valve. Runs great, very well...
  9. X

2003 Passat | Loss of power

Small update: I replaced the EGR valve, fuel filter and air filter, the car now pulls like crazy :D even better than before. As for the valve, this thing was broken off
  10. X

Ok, so the mechanic told that the EGR valve is completely broken, i've ordered a new one.. Can bad EGR cause power loss problems?..
  11. X

no, what should work better? EDIT: I've just taken the car to my local mechanics, I noticed that it put out thick black smoke as i turned the car on and was driving in reverse (giving gas).. What could this indicate?
  12. X

Hello, I'm sure there were plenty of threads about power loss, but i think my case is a little bit different. So here we go! :) Few days ago I was doing my daily drive in the city as suddenly traveling about 30km/h (18-19mph) i lost all my power. The feeling was that it went from 130 HP to 50...
  13. X

"Old" engine oil

I believe yours is common rail, while mine being PD.If it makes any difference though i'm not sure, could be.
  14. X

"Old" engine oil

avf :)
  15. X

"Old" engine oil

Almost at the "Perfect Fill" mark. I guess im ok with that, I also asked some friends who own a Passat like mine, and they said 3.6 to 3.8 liters is normal, if you put in 4 liters it's little over the "Max fill" mark.
  16. X

"Old" engine oil

warm engine right after the oil change. I might check it this evening on cold engine
  17. X

"Old" engine oil

The oil has been changed successfully! However it only took about 3.6litres (3.8 US quarts), is it normal? User manual says 4litres
  18. X

"Old" engine oil

Well, i've just put the oil in a plastic bottle to check how it looks, and it all seems OK, colour is good, its very clean and uncontaminated. I guess it's still fine after all those years, gonna do an oil change tomorrow! :D
  19. X

"Old" engine oil

yeah, its VW 507.00
  20. X

"Old" engine oil

Hi all, so i just ordered some engine oil for my 2003 Passat 1.9 tdi, it arrived just now and i discovered that the oil is made in late 2009, so that means its about 5.5 years old. I was wondering if i can still use it without any problems? The oil is unopened and in plastic containers, oil...