Search results

1. P

Who got the payment from BOSCH?

Just received mine today!
  2. P

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

I already got my replacement (2016 Chevy Malibu). But, the new Cruze diesel looks mighty intriguing: http://www.chevrolet.com/cruze-compact-car.html 52MPG highway Manual Transmission Hatchback Seems like it could be a pretty close replacement to the Sportwagen
  3. P

Rear Brake Rotors 2010 Sportwagen

Please Delete -Duplicate Duplicate
  4. P

Front Licence Plate Bracket 2010 Sportwagen

Please Delete - Duplicate Duplicate
  5. P

Rear Headrests 2010-14 Sportwagen/Golf

FS: Rear Headrests, Front License Frame, Rear Rotors - 2010 Sportwagen - SE Michigan Hey all! I was cleaning out my basement and found some items from my 2010 Sportwagen. Grey leatherette Rear Headrests. I took them out when I first got the car, to better fit my kids' car seats - asking $100...
  6. P

Have you already replaced your TDI?

I started working at GM in August, so I decided to support the company and bought a 2016 Chevy Malibu. VW is sitting in the driveway, with a CEL on and a battery that doesn't hold charge. One last jump start to go to the dealerhip when the time comes.
  7. P

Awesome! I graduated a couple years after they changed to Kettering, so I actually got 2 diplomas, one said GMI, the other said Kettering
  8. P

Nice! The new Lacrosse looks pretty nice. I could certainly see myself cruising in it. I'll actually be at the Tech Center in Warren, working in the Connectivity group.
  9. P

I'll be starting work at GM in August, so it's going to be a GM for me - Chevy Impala or Buick LaCrosse most likely. Going from 40+ mpg down to mid-twenties will be a bummer, and GM not making a midsize MT sucks. If I weren't looking GM, It would have been the 6MT Honda Accord EX or Mazda6
  10. P

2012 Golf TDI wagon power window problem

The right rear window on mine wouldn't go up or down, after only a few years. The motor was still operating, but the window wouldn't move with it. Since I never really used it anyway, I just let it go. Then earlier this year, I had to have collision work done on that side, so they ended up...
  11. P

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

Cool, I take that extra little bit Thanks for putting that calculator together! So, does that mean that, no matter how many miles I put on, I'm guaranteed to get the 13,500 at this point? I'll have to play with those calculations more
  12. P

What is the Further Adjustment for, in the Buyback column? I see that that brings the modification column to the $5100 minimum, that same would be added to the buyback to bring it to $13500?
  13. P

2010 Jetta Sportwagen. Current mileage 130,350. I've been driving my summer car more, so let's say I put 1000 more on by October. Base buyback = $15407 (Central) - $750 No Auto + $540 Sunroof = $15197 131,350 actual miles - 13,546 adjustment = 117,804 adjusted mileage -> -$2130 mileage...
  14. P

Sportswagen Rear Hatch Lock

+1 on the part number. I had to replace mine last year. I ended up getting it from the Amazon marketplace for $76 shipped. Simple fix, just make sure you have a set of the triple square driver heads
  15. P

Help Diagnosing - "Thrumming" sound when coasting at speed

I was pretty surprised too, actually. I wouldn't think that would have made that much of a difference. But, I was happy that the noise went away!
  16. P

128K It ended up being a non-issue, so original bearings and CV axles are still going strong
  17. P

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Ended up being a rookie mistake; my lug bolts had loosened up a little. I couldn't get any more than a quarter turn using a breaker bar on the lug bolts to tighten them up, but it was enough to fix the issue.
  18. P

What do you want to do with your 2009-2015 TDI (Poll)?

My thoughts too. I don't think "Just drive it" is going to be an option. We will all have to either get them fixed or turn them in. Even in states like MI with no emissions testing, the gov't will convince our states to not allow unfixed TDIs to get re-registered. If just keeping it as is isn't...
  19. P

Hey everyone. I'm hoping you can help me diagnose this issue that's just come up on my VW: I'm getting a loud thrumming, vibrational sound, from what sounds like the driver's front side, only when the car is coasting (no throttle, no braking). Seems to occur at any speed. Acoustic frequency of...
  20. P

Why bother to accept a buy back?

In my case, the Check Engine light is coming on every few days, and my car has 127K on the odo. Every time that light comes on, my first thought is that there's going to be another $1000 to fix it. If the deal is good, I'm thinking it would make more sense to get into something new, where I'm...