Search results

1. J

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

Finally found one I been looking for. 2014 Golf 4 door 6 speed manual. Needing Tbelt service right off but in great shape it looks like. put a deposit on it until I can get over there fri/sat. Sold my 05 Jetta wagon bew awhile back and have been wanting another MK6 Golf 4 door.
  2. J

New MK4 owner - 2005 Jetta Wagon

Sold the Wagon, looking at another 15 Golf 4 door. Manual in the S trim, looks really good. Got to test drive it next week and decide. Only has 20k left on the emissions warranty so hoping it drives really well. Much nicer car overall though and hopefully will last just as long as the wagon...
  3. J

Not leather just recovered the old inserts with black headliner fabric. Re-covered the headliner 2 weeks ago in black, the old one was hanging down.
  4. J

No, pulled them out of a passat wagon, just wish the rear seats would have fit. Searching for leather jetta rear seats to complete the set now.
  5. J

For the tune you only get the ones offered as insta-tunes and priced at or lower than the one you buy. So stage 1, 1.5 and 2 are included when you buy a stage 2. Stage 4 is considered a custom tune and has to be bought separately and does not include the lower tunes unfortunately. Made sure...
  6. J

Malone Stage 1 or 1.5?

This is definitely how the car shiuld have felt from the factory. Stage 1.5 have it some good pep over stock, went ahead and put the stage 2 on the loader for when I get my turbo out on.
  7. J

Malone Stage 1 or 1.5?

Flashzilla will be in today and I am going to download the Malone 1.5 and see what its like. Will order my turbo spring of next year and step up to the stage 2 and then the stage 4 later on after I get over the newness of the turbo and stage 2.
  8. J

Ordered my Flashzilla today, going to do the stage 1 tune when it comes in. Planning on new Tbelt a week or so after @ roughly 70k miles on current one. Then order my turbo next spring and up it to a stage 2 or possibly a stage 4.
  9. J

Performancetdi.com ... anyone used them? They sell vnt17/22's

In a similar predicament with finding a turbo, looking at the Xman turbo options for my BEW. They have an ALH version they list as 17/22 (GT1752MFS) £550 ($625) + shipping. https://www.xmanturbos.com/product-page/1-9tdi-alh-garrett-gt1752v-mfs-aka-vnt17-22-180-220bhp-hybrid-turbocharger And...
  10. J

Malone Stage 1 or 1.5?

After debating more and more think I have decided on a turbo. The Xman GT1752 for £500 ($640 shipped) and a stage 4 tune. Even looking at just the regular VNT17 he offers, only £450 even with shipping they are half what a locally sourced turbo would be. Have only heard good things from...
  11. J

Turbo options from UK

Xman recommended the GT1752MFS out of the VNT17, GT1752MFS and GT1756MFS. Malone recommended the VNT17 and BV39 turbos with the Malone stage 4 tune would make good power and a little room with injectors later on if I wanted more. Suggested that since they are on stock cars they would likely...
  12. J

Turbo options from UK

Will ask about it after my timing belt. If I can buy the stage 4 and get the rest that would be awesome or even pay a little extra for them. Want the 1.5 after Tbelt to run before I order the turbo and will run stage 2 after turbo. Wouldn't move into a stage 4 for quite awhile though. Might...
  13. J

Turbo options from UK

I see that Xman has a 100% bolt on vnt-17 that doesn't need the new egr pipe. For the price its about the same as buying the one that needs the optional egr pipe whihc. I have the full gasket set at home, so think I am going to do the timing belt this winter when I am back home and order this...
  14. J

Belt began chirping when I turned on the ac this week. Got a replacement tensioner and belt, tensioner made no change but the new belt did the job. Going by when the motor was replaced, the belt had 68k on it and the tensioner probably way more since it was not in the picture of the kit he...
  15. J

Got back from Germany and went ahead and did the oil and filter in my car. I got the oil filter cover off relatively easy but the actual paper filament filter would not come off for anything. Put it in a vise in the filter came out with the rod still attached to it and the cap popped off...
  16. J

Pulled the valve cover today the cam still looks really good I found one connector that felt just a little loose but I pulled them all off and squeeze the pins slightly unfortunately I broke one of the plastic covers over the wires so I'll be replacing the harness the next time I come back from...
  17. J

Got to pull my valve cover and check the injector harness. Got back in town today and having a miss randomly and it got bad today, stopped at a store and I came back out of store it was fine. Going to check the injector harness wed and see if thats the issue and can inspect came while I do...
  18. J

My buddy just did a full timing belt kit on his 2011 Golf this weekend, he is going to assist me when I do mine since I haven't done one yet. Going to use his timing belt tool kit as well, I see diesel Geek says it works on pd and cr. I could buy it off him for probably $20 to have for my next...
  19. J

Think the plan for my wagon when I get back from Germany from this first trip is to inspect cam and do a 2 stage paint correction at home. Order timing belt kit possibly cam if needed, vnt17 or similar turbo and a stage 2 tune Black Friday when I get back from second trip to Germany. Then...
  20. J

Trip to europe got swapped around, so I am in Germany for the first part of my training. Duetch is very difficult to speak lol, I can order a coffe or beer and say hello/morning/goodbye and thats about it. Hopefuly I can learn more over the next 6 months, atleast well enough to understand more...