Search results

1. H

Is there no separate brake wear warning light?

The plan was and still is to have the wife run this car into the ground. So I'm unfortunately stuck with the thing for the foreseeable future. Especially considering we bought it about a week before the emissions scandal became public (what a kick in the dick that was). It's just extremely...
  2. H

Sigh... I literally posted the page from the owners manual that shows that the manual does not address brake wear indication at all. Hence the confusion. To add to the list, every car BMWNA ever imported has had a brake wear sensor, a light that indicates when its triggered, and an owners...
  3. H

Wow, the driver side caliper on the thing tried to kill itself over the past few months. Inside pad is worn down far enough to trigger the wear sensor... outside pad is at 75%+. Caliper slide pins must not have been doing their job, will have to source replacements and lube them good. Pretty...
  4. H

Phew... is this forum always like this? Thank you turbobrick for addressing the question. Assuming your MFD is the same as the '13 does it read "Brake Wear"?, thats what really has me confused. Pads and rotors were fine @ 40k. Hoping the sensor wiring has just broken.
  5. H

I have never met a car that has a brake pad wear sensor that doesn't give you a clear indication that it has been triggered. This thing is giving me a "any part of the brake system could be failing" warning. I don't take the threat of a brake fluid leak lightly. (BTW, kudos to VW on burying...
  6. H

______________________________________________________________ For anyone searching in the future. BRAKE On the speedo can mean the brake wear sensor has been triggered. BRAKE WEAR On the MFI most definitely means your brake wear sensor has been triggered...
  7. H

Rough Start / Idle - Alternator Light

Appreciate the response. Pulled the inter cooler intake pipe a week ago and got next to no fluid, maybe a tablespoon of water/oil mixture. Is that really enough to make an issue?
  8. H

K... autotragic then Well I got a report of a violent shaking start for 10 seconds upon startup yesterday, no alternator light this go around. The rabbit hole goes deeper.
  9. H

What did you do to your MKVI-A6 Golf family/JSW today?

Enjoyed the sounds of a rattling sunroof joint courtesy of some cold temperatures.
  10. H

Long time Bimmer guy new to the TDI world. Picked up a slush box '13 Sportwagen a few months ago for a commuter for the wife and have since become its primary mechanic. Somewhat smooth sailing so far, its sitting just under 50k mi and I've given it two oil changes and a fuel filter per regular...
  11. H

Lets hear some GOOD stories on why you bought your VW

Really wanted a $500 Visa gift card and some store credit. I did have the fortune of buying this thing about a 5 days before the Dieselgate bomb dropped.