Search results

1. T

Oil in intercooler intake tube

Thanks for the reply. It is oil for sure. More than I expected. It def caught my attention. Figured it was the seals in the turbo but wanted to see what other people thought. If it is my turbo going south it would be a good excuse for an upgrade:D.
  2. T

Oil in intercooler intake tube

Just changed the timing belt and noticed there was oil in my intercooler intake tube. It was not a lot but enough to make me concerned. Is this normal and if not what are the possible causes. Thanks! Derek
  3. T

disable keyless entry horn?

Thanks for the help
  4. T

disable keyless entry horn?

Anyone know how to disable the keyless entry horn on an 05 jetta tdi without disabling the security horn? Thanks
  5. T

Replacing Cam

I commute a long way to work every day so I think I'm going with a new one. Not that much more.
  6. T

Replacing Cam

I emailed colt cams last night just out of curiosity and they replied within 24 hours. I gave them the year make and model of my car with the mods and asked for an estimate. Here is what they sent: To Derek, Our VW TDI PD performance grind runs: 256° duration .363 Lift The cost is $425.00 US...
  7. T

Showing my ignorance (oil related)

Yeah thanks a lot! That really helped on some questions I had. I have spent hours looking through all those posts on fuel/lube and I end up getting side tracked with the overload of info. Much better hear from a guy with the same car and same problems. I also run the pentosin 5w40 because the...
  8. T

Showing my ignorance (oil related)

Since the cam is shot, what will be the replacement. I have read too many posts with too many different oppinions about the cam replacement. I would like to hear from a pro like DanG144.