Search results

1. M

broken mounts or loose subframe bolts?

hey dude, i wouldn't go in and torque the hell out of them. If you do some more research you'll see that they are bolts that are meant to stretch and actually break away in the case of a car accident...just do them 1 or 2 turns past tight (with a normal racket, not a breaker bar). there are...
  2. M

was there ever a fix for slow DSG response at full throttle?

hi there, it's been a while since i've checked back here. I have a 2006 DSG and as much as i love the car, very few problems what so ever and good real world milage...my 1998 1 ton van has better throttle response... I can floor it and it bearly moves...i know this has been well documented, but...
  3. M

06 BRM performance mods??

i have the Malone stage 2+ (that's just where you go to a shop, and they test out a few tunes to finds out what is the absolute most your car can handle without overboosting, etc). And i quite like it. But that's been about 2 years (actually it's 2 years this month) and it's time for a bit...
  4. M

audio problems - think it's the factory crossover

i think i may take it apart when it's a bit warmer (and i'm done my jeep axle swap) and see what's up
  5. M

i found 3 way crossovers on ebay - but i have NO idea if they're any good. the guy at the local stereo place i go to is just selling me on some high quality 2 way w/ crossover systems...but i mean it seems silly to do away with the mid/high range especially as i have a box and it helps to keep...
  6. M

hi there, I have the 10 speaker system, i think it's a basic or mid-grade system with aftermarket HU. Anyways, my front left mid and high's don't work AND my rear mid/base are going. I know i can replace the mid/base with similar speakers, however i don't want to have to replace all 3...
  7. M

Good places to get a timing belt done?

does anyone know approx how much Brandon charges?
  8. M

anyone else have a hard time starting due to frozen fuel?

Oh i had it done maybe 15-20k, last summer I think (and I wasnt' driving to much). I sorta think the tranny difficulties might be due to the computer trying to figure out what the engine is doing (or not doing) and it really wasn't even reving up with about 50% throttle applied... My parking...
  9. M

I have a DSG so it's the full synthetic, and really it shifted fine right away, and then at the first stop light, where i had to give it up serious gas to merge, it acted funny, but i'll keep an eye on it. I used Power Service last winter, but only to improve fuel consumption, but as i don't...
  10. M

Hi there, I live in east toronto and i swear this morning i had a bit of frozen fuel...had to crank the car for about 15 sec (not continiously) before it started...adn then as i drove off (after letting it run for 5 mins) it seemed to have a hard time shifting until about about a min. Actually...
  11. M

what is this: rad like thing under passenger side seat, under the car??

should i get it fixed? it's not leaking by any means, just dented... what happens if fuel returns to the tank to hot?
  12. M

what is this: rad like thing under passenger side seat, under the car??

Hi there, I was looking over the car getting it ready for winter and i noticed that I have what looks to be a rad/heat sink under the car, on the passenger side, about under the passenger side seat, but close to the outside of the car...mine looked slightly bent in and had a nasty looking dent...
  13. M

where have you had your remote car starter installed?

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion. I shall follow up..Just to reiterate...i do have a scan gauge and the car will heat up a solid 20C in water temp within a few mintues at idle, the electric heat will start to warm the car, and the seat heaters will also warm up in about 5 mins...
  14. M

where have you had your remote car starter installed?

Hi there, I know MANY of your are against this - and for the most part your objections are valid. However having said that I've been told for my car I need to have a valet key in the car (not the regular key fob??) and a unit with install is around $400... is this correct?
  15. M

disconnecting cold air intake vent to aid in warming up?

Hi there, I was changing my battery today and inadvertently one of the plastic intake pieces came off - a U shaped piece that goes from the sort of ram air hood piece to the air box...so i left it off. I figure if the ERG opens up to allow warmer air in, won't this do the same? ALL my...
  16. M

Remote Starter

i have scanguage and if i start the car, accessories on and let it idle for even one minute - it increased engine about 20C when it's about -5 out, the idle settles down, the car 'starts' to warm up from the electric heat and it would give the seat heaters time to warm up as well... however I'd...
  17. M

ScanGauge2 coasting

I agree with this. stated another way - i show 100 - 400mpg when coasting in neutral, but 9999mpg when in gear...so i'd have to coast 20x as far in neutral to get the same results...i almost always coast in gear.
  18. M

Good places to get a timing belt done?

Are there any performance upgrades that can be made when doing this? Can the timing be adjusted at all - to help with a rough idle?
  19. M

FS: 16" x 6.5" biolines with contiprocontact tires - $350

I have them sold, but why wouldn't they fit an 06 golf? are the golf's in 06 the MKIV platform? and therefore the 5 x 100 bolt pattern?