5. T_D_I_POWER

Hengst filters

Congrats mate You'll never regret the good choice you made. Cheers Bar none
  6. T_D_I_POWER

Another view from the UK about VW and the German cars

Here it's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-yPD7AA7i0 Enjoy it
  7. T_D_I_POWER

Diesel-Filters.com

1. The only OEM filters that bear US Patent stamp 2. Filter media has more pleats for better filtration 3. Embossed dimples vs high temp. adhesive bead rings. Prevent filter from bunching up / collapsing. 4. Filter media pleats are rolled vs folded. No oil restriction which gives much better oil...
  8. T_D_I_POWER

Duracell **AGM** 94R 80ah battery, Sams Club, 3yr Repl

The paper is simply talking about battery internal resistance Size for size DIN battery still lacking CCA punch due to higher internal resistance vs SAE lower internal resistance. OE 94R SLI DIN battery Picture by Stealth TDI OEM 94R SLI SAE battery That's a whopping 125 more CCA...
  9. T_D_I_POWER

You did. The 25 year old paper doesn't talk about testing but talks about SAE vs DIN battery The paper doesn't contain my statement of any kind. You need Ohm's law to design a battery of any kind :D :D :D The 25 year old paper contains Ohm's law. Resistance is Ohm's law
  10. T_D_I_POWER

LOL Ohm's law was invented in 1827 that's 187 years ago by the German physicist Georg Simon Ohm and it's still used today in the world. Newton's laws of motion was invented by Isaac Newton in the 16th century and this law is still used today Ohm's law, Newton's laws of motion etc...are still...
  11. T_D_I_POWER

Brake fluid change?

I had used Ate SL.6 on older vehicles, '95 & '96 Passat VR6s, with no issues. Pentosin DOT-4 LV is another good brake fluid and is readily available than Ate
  12. T_D_I_POWER

FS: CR170 turbo $700

It's so ironic that Audi has been winning 24Hr Le Mans with the TDI engine equipped with DPF + TWC since 2006-2014 (except 2009) and you removed yours?
  13. T_D_I_POWER

Caliper Painting

Simply Tires Inc. http://simplytire.com/index.html
  14. T_D_I_POWER

Least Expensive Oil Change [507] sources; Cheaper than $58 w/Castrol?

goodysgotacuda, Just like TDI smile said HTHS Viscosity, mPa•s @ 150ºC (ASTM D4683) / Sulphated Ash, wt% (ASTM D874) Castrol Edge 5W-30 3.0 Good / 0.64 Mobil1 ESP 5W-30 3.58 Best / 0.60 Mobil1 ESP 5W-40 FM 3.80 Better / 0.60 Users in the forum choose FE over HTHS protection. MB specifies...
  15. T_D_I_POWER

PH, Then this statement is wrong? I don't think so DIN Ah batteries are tested at balmy 80° F (27° C) temp. SAE batteries are tested at both 32° F (0° C) & 0° F (-18° C) temp. Hence, it shows both CA and CCA values Never had any problems last year starting with SAE battery where temp...
  16. T_D_I_POWER

Micron rating of CR factory filter

OE & Mann 25µ Hengst 10µ
  17. T_D_I_POWER

Least Expensive Oil Change [507] sources; Cheaper than $58 w/Castrol?

Doesn't your TDI deserve the best oil & filter? Have you checked the Autozone, Pep Boys etc. oil on sale for your TDI? Doesn't shipping add cost?
  18. T_D_I_POWER

Breaking News: New VAG 504.00 & 507.00 standards

You made a very wise choice Only a handful of us in the forum who use M1 ESP 5W-40 FM -The Gold Oil-
  19. T_D_I_POWER

SAE spec battery has much lower internal resistance vs DIN, hence greater CCA. The higher the CCA the easier to crank Diesel engines - any engines matter of fact - in cold weather. CCA is basically the battery Torque. No DIN spec battery of the same group cranks out identical or greater CCA...
  20. T_D_I_POWER

Best Battery For My Tdi And Why?

Here's my new battery Bosch L5 AGM CCA: 850 RC: 160 min Ah CAP (20 Hr): 90