Search results

1. S

What did you do to your MKIV today?

The new covers help with sliding as they are more grippy, but don't help with lumbar. You might be better off finding a replacement seat.
  2. S

https://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/Leatherette-Custom-Seat-Covers.html
  3. S

After 20 years of getting in and out, the drivers seat stitching was separating so today I installed a pair of seat covers.
  4. jetta

jetta

5. IMG_0209.jpeg

IMG_0209.jpeg

6. S

Check your radiator/condenser fan operation NOW

That's what I was thinking. The engine was warm when the fans initially turned on and cooled off by the time I finally got the right FCM bolt lined up and in.
  7. S

Check your radiator/condenser fan operation NOW

I have a 2003 TDI Wagon. When I have the key on, engine off, the AC button on and the blower on 1, neither radiator fan comes on. The fans are good. They both come on when I pull Fuse 16 in the cabin fuse box. The compressor was replaced 10k miles ago. I replaced the fan control module today. I...
  8. S

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Is @MOGolf still around?
  9. S

FS: 2003 Jetta Wagon 2.0 gasser for parts $300 - Cleveland, OH

Not mine. However, if someone needs parts for their TDI, it's seems like a good deal. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/442776201363916/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A3af0c733-fc29-4880-a886-a280c85da3d2
  10. S

Bleed New Power Steering Pump?

The pump stopped making noise after another dozen lock-to-lock wheel turns with the car on. It took more turns than I thought. I made sure the bottle didn't run dry. Roughly 20oz of fluid came out. I just took the car for a test drive and everything works fine. The steering feels better. I got...
  11. S

Thanks. I turned the ps pulley by hand a few turns and the fluid does dip down in the bottle. With the car on, I did turn the wheel a few times lock-to-lock, but the pump is still making a loud humming noise when turning the wheel.
  12. S

I decided to replace my power steering pump today on my 2003 TDI wagon as my steering was getting a little stiff. I removed the belt, the 3 ps pulley allen bolts, the pulley, the four bracket bolts and both hoses. I then installed the new pump and reassembled everything in reverse with new...
  13. S

2003 Jetta Wagon TDI - white smoke, loss of power

Thanks. I went back to the car tonight to check a few things and there was no oil on the dipstick. I'll have it towed.
  14. S

2003 Jetta Wagon TDI - white smoke, loss of power

I was driving down the highway today when noticed slight loss of power. I then started to smell smoke. As I continued to drive it, LOTS of white smoke was pouring out of the exhaust. I had to climb a hill to get to safe place to pull over and I barely made it up the hill. The road was full of...
  15. S

List of VW models with built-in navigation

Does anyone know where I can find a list of North American VW models (and years) that came with built-in navigation?
  16. S

Left Rear Brake Caliper Question

I installed the new caliper (TRW 1J0615423G) today and it's exactly the same the original one that came off.
  17. S

I think you are right. Do the pre-2000 MKIVs have a smaller parking brake cable ball end?
  18. S

Unfortunately, I already ordered the TRW 1J0615423G as it was only $81 a few days ago. The price recently jumped to $114.
  19. S

Thanks. Some online parts sellers tell me the 1J0615423G is not compatible with my car. There's also a price difference between the B and G. https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/1J0615423/?SortBy=1
  20. S

I have a 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI and my left rear caliper boot is torn and the piston won't rewind. If I buy a new one, what's the difference between these two part numbers? 1J0615423B 1J0615423G