Search results

1. GTIDan

NHSTA ends investigation...

Hi there....... I went with power service (silver bottle) mainly because it's been around a long time and seems to have proven itself. I add about 10 percent over the recommended amount........just for good measure. I'm sure there are other products out there but this one is avaliable at almost...
  2. GTIDan

NHSTA ends investigation...

For me the report was a relief. My HPFP blewup about six months ago while driving home. It went into limp mode but I continued to drive hoping to get home (about a mile away) didn't make it and it quit in the middle of the street at a traffic light. Luckily some strangers came to my rescue and...
  3. GTIDan

NHTSA Update on CR HPFP failure investigation

VW has been picking up the tap for this for the past year to so...............perhaps longer. When my car blew there was no discussion............my dealer said: sorry, we'll take care of it and it will be ready in less than two days.
  4. GTIDan

Official list of HPFP Failures

Replacement pump #FF 021 A02 or 03L-130-851-AX The only information I have is that the X means it's a rebuilt pump. First I was sad but than I thought a rebuilt pump would have updated parts (the rollers, etc.) Just guessing on my part here. If you know something from the numbers I posted...
  5. GTIDan

I never used any additives but considering it now. Not sure how much to use or what to buy. Any help?
  6. GTIDan

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it gave me pause for sure. I really like the car and otherwise it's been good. I'm a forgiving person and the car did send me a vibe asking me to hang in there, lol :)
  7. GTIDan

A long time ago I gave a lot people on this site s..t about the HPFP issues. In the end; when many here pretty much told me to go f..k myself and I disappeared. But I did say if I should ever have a problem with the HPFP in my 2010 Jetta TDI I would not hide the fact and post it here. Well last...
  8. GTIDan

2010 Jetta TDI DSG Transmission

Welcome to the real world. Recently saw a receipt for an oil change on a Lambo .............just over 800 dollars. Noting is cheap anymore. Just paid 275 bucks for the wife and I to see some acrobats. Enjoy
  9. GTIDan

EA288 confirmed across the board by year end

The VW TDI is marketed as an economy car that's fun to drive. It more than meets that goal..... :)
  10. GTIDan

A problem yes; but check with your dealer. Its pretty well know by now that VW has been picking up the tab to fix your car. Check it out. Good Luck
  11. GTIDan

Not all dealerships are stealerships

The dealer scanned the VIN # and looked it up. The new battery looks identical to the one in my car and has the same specs. Looking good, a good question though
  12. GTIDan

Not all dealerships are stealerships

After four and half years I noticed the battery in my TDI having a little trouble starting the car when the temperature gets down to the high thirties or so. About the same time I received a card from my dealer (Garden Grove VW of Garden Grove, CA) offering a twenty dollar discount. So before I...
  13. GTIDan

Snarkey, rude and just plain offensive...

Lots of vato chingon people when no one can see um :)
  14. GTIDan

Cetane article

\ All diesel fuel in California is minimum 48 cetane and 10% aromatic content by law. Practically all diesel fuel sold in California has more aromatic content than allowed by the law. The fuel maker has to get an executive order by demonstrating that the fuel has equivalent performance. They...
  15. GTIDan

Cetane article

Perhaps I missed it but I didn't see any fuels from California listed in the report. But than California has the highest standards in the country; perhaps the world.
  16. GTIDan

Seventh-generation VW Golf

Thanks for saying what I've been thinking for months and the main reason I seldom even look at this site anymore. Those who think VW is screwing them will ALWAYS think that. Probable feel the same about our government and the world too. So to add and make myself clear to those who refuse to...
  17. GTIDan

I pretty much feel the same way...........:)
  18. GTIDan

What's your point? The TDI meets or exceeds all environmental standards world wide...is a blast to drive and gets great mileage. You like Mazda..........buy one I once owned an RX7 87my. It spent almost three months at Mazda's California headquarters while they tried to fix why the car would...
  19. GTIDan

It would appear to me that VW/Audi owns the diesel market. No one else has even tried to take the crown. Did you read the comparison test in Motor Trend I think? They compared the VW Jetta TDI and Hybrid models against the Cruze, and Prius. The conclusion? TDI wins again. Works for me...
  20. GTIDan

VW has lost a customer

dweisel are you back here under a new handle? Hmmmmmmm