Search results

1. K

Bend the tube of the brake banjo fitting on caliper...

This, or just put a box end on the head (slotted end not closed end)
  2. K

Rear LCA Bolt/Nut Seized: Heat? Sawzall? Something Else?

Nicely done Don't use anti seize imo Over years that stuff will just harden into a cake/putty on the hardware. Sure it'll do the job but you'll need a wire brush to remove it from the bolt should you need to replace. Use a high quality marine grease on said bolt. Personal favorite is Evinrude...
  3. K

Bend the tube of the brake banjo fitting on caliper...

Can you post a picture of what you're dealing with? You want to loosen everything line related all the way to the caliper, install hardware so it "best fits" then torque down.
  4. K

No you cut the bolt on the outside of the bushing on each end. Between the mount and bushing. Solid bushing doesn't matter blade slides between mount and bushing
  5. K

Ain't that the truth. At that point it becomes a "rage repair"
  6. K

If it's frozen IN the bushing, depending on how much is frozen to it, you could pound all day with no result. That's a lot of surface area in the bushing for the bolt to lock to. Doesn't matter if the bushing is solid, you're cutting on either side of the bushing inside the frame so you can...
  7. K

If it's frozen to the bushing, skip the rest and get the sawzall out. No amount of beating will likely move that bolt if it's welded itself to the full length of the bushing with corrosion. I've tried most ways in this type of situation with larger bolts than on these cars and it's ended with me...
  8. K

Lots of soaking and hit it with a powerful rattler. If it's really that stuck, you do not want to try to spin it off with a breaker bar. If you do that constant force and twisting action you're more likely to shear the head off then you are really Sol
  9. K

Door seal adhesive?

I just used the same sealant to adhere the rear windshield lower seal on my BMW to the glass. The stuff sets up and when fully cured it's still a bit rubbery, but it holds big time. I think with a heat gun it would start to melt it again and it would be easy to remove
  10. K

What did you do to your MKIV today?

For some things yes. When I was researching on the Cummins forum, Deka came up a lot as a great go-to under East Penn. And US. convincing enough for me.
  11. K

Mine had a red TDI badge when I got it (just 2 letters I believe). Never knew what it meant (PO must have put it on), just liked the theme because it had a red interior sport seats. I think at this point, it's earned that badge now and some.
  12. K

Interstate aren't what they used to be, nor Optima. You can fit an H8 in these cars with a minor mod to the battery tray. I had interested batteries on my truck since 2014 that lasted until this last year. Switched to Deka from a lot of the diesel truck forums (had read a lot about the...
  13. K

Stock downpipe repair / replacement

You sure there's not exemptions for vehicles before a certain year?
  14. K

Apple CarPlay in Mk4 for $50USD

If you're asking about the JOYING units, they're not either. Both the ones in the truck and the car worked great. The el cheapo one lagged doing anything. It was frustrating to say the least
  15. K

VNT17 cartridge from eBay?

2nd vote for X-Man.
  16. K

02S 6 speed conversion into 02J case

If you're just cruising, it's not that bad for it. If you're accelerating or putting a load on the transmission in that gear at low speeds, that's where "lugging" can be harmful.
  17. K

Random momentary stalling

Checked all your grounds? Poor grounding and/or weak batteries can do incredible things