Search results

1. d0u8l3m

BHW Injector Install Issue

I swapped mine with their m50 nozzles and didn't have any of the issues you are describing. Make sure you prime the fuel system first by unplugging the injector harness and cranking the engine over a bit before plugging it back in and trying to start it.
  2. d0u8l3m

I'm missing my cat(alytic converter)

Makes it harder to steal too lol
  3. d0u8l3m

I'm missing my cat(alytic converter)

No consequences if they tuned the DTC for that sensor out, otherwise just a check engine light. It probably also stinks like a school bus lol I still have mine knock on wood because you can't get em anymore/nothing comparable.
  4. d0u8l3m

1999 S10 ZR2 BHW Swap

Nice video! I knew the angles were very important for loading and such but that definitely helps understand why. Good to know the offset wont matter, now I just need to find what the factory spec is, or measure it on the rear diff but I'm pretty sure I read its 3 degrees. In searching for the...
  5. d0u8l3m

1999 S10 ZR2 BHW Swap

Thanks! Feels good to be back in the garage. Have made some progress on the engine mounts. Got all the frame side pieces cut out. Still need to figure out how to modify the trans cross member to mount it further forward. Going to try to weld the frame side of things in this week or coming...
  6. d0u8l3m

Another head gasket bites the dust...

Local Napa didn't have the strips/tester so Ill either order one online or check somewhere else on the way home. The oil was coming straight from the turbo outlet to the intercooler, and that hose had quite a bit of oil in it (like half a tablespoon) and the oil level was low, so that's not...
  7. d0u8l3m

Ill see if I can swing by Napa later and grab a test strip kit and try that. That's what I thought, and I have a boost valve installed to try to minimize the pressure spikes. The coolant temp seemed fine when I shut it down, and max EGTs it saw would have been 1400-1500 which I thought was...
  8. d0u8l3m

You know I did find some of your old posts talking about that cooler on another thread, and that would also explain the coolant rising and being pressurized. I have a bunch of spare parts so I can swap it out if needed. What do you think the best plan of attack to diagnose this would be? I also...
  9. d0u8l3m

So I guess PD150 head bolts are not up to the task of holding 29psi for very long?? Long story short, was having a wee bit of fun on my way to work with some fellow in a B5 we did a few hard pulls nothing crazy. I wouldn't let EGTs get past 1400F. He got off, I kept going, and went back to...
  10. d0u8l3m

Jeep Wrangler JK BHW 2.0 TDI Swap

I'm going to have to dust off my machines and drives and power electronics books at some point and look more into this in the future. I used to work for a genset company and the project I was working on was a unique application where we regulated engine speed based off the DC generator voltage...
  11. d0u8l3m

That's badass, I have about 26KWh worth of K2 26650s lifepo4 cells that I'm building 48V battery modules out of for my house with a 12k growatt solar inverter/charger to run off and about 14kW of solar (growatt can handle 7k and a seperate mppt for the other 7). I was planning on building up an...
  12. d0u8l3m

I watched the engine mount video and was going to ask if you weren't planning on using AC l, but went back and saw your comment about an overhead system? What's that all about, you got a small heat pump working off a battery backup? Nice progress so far!
  13. d0u8l3m

Best flywheel for a bhw swap?

That LuK number is a full clutch kit with the PP and throw-out bearing. It might fit with a different PP without the spacer but that PP is self adjusting and I needed the spacer to use with a stock DUK, no clue about the 2.8 housing :(
  14. d0u8l3m

1999 S10 ZR2 BHW Swap

So as we all know by now life is fun and unplanned...but I'll spare you the story, I'm back at it in the garage, with no more medical issues (knock on wood). Definitely have neglected this site but seems like there are not too many GM fans here lol (my Canyon has been a great truck and no the...
  15. d0u8l3m

Best flywheel for a bhw swap?

Matts Flywheel hands down is the go to for these engines IMO RS4 Clutch : LuK 624303300 (if you cant use your custom one, this also needs a bellhousing spacer) Just over $700
  16. d0u8l3m

Help select clutch BHW FHN

That's definitely annoying I had a very different experience, ordered the trio package and got it pretty quickly. Considering how much I procrastinated after getting it, I didn't need it that fast lol I think the world is just in a state of shock right now supply chain wise, and smaller...
  17. d0u8l3m

Help select clutch BHW FHN

I finally dusted off the cobwebs and mold off the ole girl and still swear by my setup (Whitbread SMF and b5 rs4 clutch). Pair it up with the short shifter from JHM and the car is an absolute blast to drive.
  18. d0u8l3m

Best place to buy injectors?

Mec Evo in Canada swaps the injector nozzles for PD's and mine have been great so far. They don't do a full blown calibration like DBW LLC (another good option if you have $$$) but if your injectors are in good shape they should be fine.
  19. d0u8l3m

Buyer beware clutch masters fx300 with Whitbread flywheel

Hi guys its been a long time since I've been on the site or even screwed around with the Passat =[ It's sitting dormant on a trailer with no coolant in it, and a manual shifter that for some reason cant grab first (either needs to be adjusted or something is hitting it) I've been getting a...