Search results

1. Mozambiquer

Emergency kit essentials

The p0101 code could very well mean you'll be replacing a camshaft very soon. That's often the first code that comes up with a worn cam. Likely not a wiring issue.
  2. Mozambiquer

Endurance racing engine choice for power and reliability

All of my BHWs have over 200k miles. Two of them are on their original camshaft, the other one has a bad Colt cam (a manufacturer flaw in the batch of cams) that batch was what propelled franko6 to start making his own cams. The BSM delete isn't really that hard, especially since you're probably...
  3. Mozambiquer

Looking at a 2005 Passat

Currently I've been driving one of my passats as a daily driver, and coming from my golf, the amount of room in there is amazing! Mine is a wagon, and I actually have three of them. Frank is the guy! Two of mine had been serviced since almost new by him. He lives about two hours from here, and...
  4. Mozambiquer

Endurance racing engine choice for power and reliability

The BHW will hit 150 whp with merely a tune. If you look on car-part.com you can pick one up for less than 1k. Get a franko6 cam and balance shaft delete kit, tune it and you can be up over your goals without having to touch the engine internals.
  5. Mozambiquer

Looking at a 2005 Passat

So, for $1000 that's a decent deal. Brakes being stiff is probably a vacuum leak. With the oil pressure light, I'd for sure not drive it until I put a mechanical gauge on. These cars have a problem with the balance shaft that can break the chain and then you have no oil pressure.
  6. Mozambiquer

Help Run away engine

I'm of the opinion that rebuilding your engine is much better than installing a used engine. I'm a professional mechanic, and I've installed used engines, and most of the times they have had problems. Installed an alh that someone brought their own engine for, and after installing it, it ran...
  7. Mozambiquer

11mm Injection pump or 12mm injection pump for 300whp

Just make sure they're not from Hans auto parts or prothe. Other than that, I don't know as far as the rpms and etc.
  8. Mozambiquer

Head gasket or possible egr cooler?

I would not rule out a head gasket, but an egr cooler is a lot easier and cheaper (most of the time) and can cause the same exact symptoms. Then bypassing it will rule out the cooler, since if the pressure is no longer there with it disconnected, then you know that's what the problem is.
  9. Mozambiquer

Head gasket or possible egr cooler?

Yes, is the short answer. I had the exact thing on my 2005 Passat with the BHW engine. It was blowing out the cap as well.
  10. Mozambiquer

Multifunction steering wheel and fold flat vent retrofit?

Thanks! I'll check into that. I guess I should have grabbed the control relay for the steering wheel controls. I grabbed the CCM from that car, but not the relay for the steering wheel. Didn't know what I was looking for and was in a hurry.
  11. Mozambiquer

Multifunction steering wheel and fold flat vent retrofit?

My 01 golf has a regular four spoke steering wheel, but my parts car had a nice multi function steering wheel that I nabbed, along with the clockspring. What else will I need to retrofit the wheel to be able to work on my car? I searched and saw that people have done it, but didn't find a good...
  12. Mozambiquer

SOLD!

Edit the title to say sold.
  13. Mozambiquer

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Maybe not... Where's the pointer at Though?
  14. Mozambiquer

Is it just me, or is that one tensioned backwards? The way I remember which way, is if it slides back, it should tighten the nut, and so I can't see very well on that one to see if it's right.
  15. Mozambiquer

The Saga Continues - Engine Oil Drained Completely within 4 miles with No Effect on Performance

I think there is an oil galley plug under the timing cover (could be wrong though) I had one blow on one of my 1.6 idi engines in a rabbit. It dumped the oil out quickly. Either way, topping it off, cleaning it up and starting it should show you where the leak is pretty quickly.
  16. Mozambiquer

CEL and flashing glow plug light after motor swap

Check the wiring to the pump. As in load test the wires between the pump and the ecm.
  17. Mozambiquer

The Saga Continues - Engine Oil Drained Completely within 4 miles with No Effect on Performance

I had the oil cooler o-ring fail on an aba. Its exactly the same one as the ahu has, and it's a very common thing to let go. In my case, it dumped the oil in one mile. That's one of the first things I would check.
  18. Mozambiquer

Help with CLUNK on 2004 TDI manual I Might Buy

The clunk does sound like the dog bone mount. The rest of it... I hope it's cheap! That's not normal for it to die when you have the AC on... Its not uncommon for a 300k mile TDI to not have much blowby. They are pretty tough. That one would be the BEW though, which had an issue with camshaft...
  19. Mozambiquer

Did you check the alternator clutch pulley while you were in there? That can cause both the squeaking and the rrrrrrr sound.