Search results

1. D

FS 2003 VW Golf TDI ALH 5 spd $3k Tucson

In the middle of October the wife & I added a munchkin to the household, so I think I'm going to get a 1st gen Cayenne dad car. Roached red paint & tint, but rust free! Tucson Golf TDI. I threw in OEM glass headlights, sport seat cloth interior from a wrecked golf, new tires a few months ago...
  2. D

Vendor Accountability Thread

same thing, days to swap a camshaft & lifters and stumbling past quoted finish times. Had Volks Cafe in Santa Cruz finish the car professionally.
  3. D

Any TDI mechanics in the Bay Area?

I guess Shaz is going after someone for defamation now dahahahaha!! What a hack, avoid that shop like the plague.
  4. D

ALH oil pan OEM $45 shipped from South Dakota

Trying to clean up the garage, this has been sitting around it forever and is from a 2001 VW Golf TDI. $45 free shipping, I live near Rapid City, SD not by choice.
  5. D

Diesel Land: TDI Guru in Colorado

I cannot state what an F-ING stud this kid is enough. I gave him a wad of cash and a case of beer at 4PM the last time I was in Colorado. The next morning I picked my car up with the timing belt serviced, new shocks/struts & related hardware installed, tranny fluid replaced- DONE. No added...
  6. D

Anyone near Monterey Bay to help install a camshaft (I'll pay)

Thanks for replacing 4 out of the 7 valve cover screws @ $1.99 a piece? When I installed them five days ago with a 5mm ball end I must have overlooked their condition.
  7. D

Bay Area TDI (ALH) needs some maintenance

VolksCafe in Santa Cruz or Matt if you can convince him to moonlight. Anuthee from Diesel Land in CO would make a killing in the Bay Area, that guys knows how to actually run a business.
  8. D

Anyone near Monterey Bay to help install a camshaft (I'll pay)

Shaz hasnt been answering his cell, just got 8 lifters and a cam from idparts. Just want to install and be on the road again. Will pay cash and help, I have plenty of tools. Located in Seaside.
  9. D

ALH water pump, new Saleri $45 shipped

Had this and when Anuthee at Diesel Land in Colorado did my timing belt, he threw in one of his. Still sealed, $45 shipped. PM me or 707.816.7335
  10. D

new Saleri water pump $40

new Saleri water pump $45 shipped ad with pics etc. in for sale section
  11. D

2000 jetta 5spd $3900 207k SEASIDE, CA

For sale: red 2000 VW Jetta TDI with 207k on the odometer, 5 spd manual. Salvage title but read ahead: within the last 1000 miles: waterpump/timing belt service job done by Volks Cafe in Santa Cruz control arm bushings replaced with Audi TT R32 solid rubber ones new front struts/wheel...
  12. D

anyone want a trailer hitch for their Mk3 Jetta?

could it be because this is for a Jetta and you have hitches for Passats? could it be? IDK!
  13. D

thanks for all your jerk-off expertise in this thread, really. Couldn't have sold it without all you were able to assume from a picture and spout off on.
  14. D

I had a 98 Jetta TDI and this was never installed, $65 shipping included
  15. D

Heater switch light bulb replacement 'How to'

had the same problem on my two tdis, where even with a new bulb the light would not work or it would be intermittent. You have to simply get in there with a scribe and bend the tabs that hold the bulb back towards center, there are four of them. Once it is able to hold the bulb tightly your...
  16. D

diagnosing climate control lights not working??

had the same problem on my two tdis, where even with a new bulb the light would not work or it would be intermittent. You have to simply get in there with a scribe and bend the tabs that hold the bulb back towards center, there are four of them. Once it is able to hold the bulb tightly your...
  17. D

need halp in Seaside, CA! just an injector swap and a scan

They helped a bruhda out, thanks guys.
  18. D

need halp in Seaside, CA! just an injector swap and a scan

pretty sure the brother-in-law threw my jetta tdi mk4 into limp mode when he visited and he was driving it like a n00b. It had injectors that were likely smaller than stock from the previous owner. Anyways, runs like a dog even more so right now so I ordered some rebuilt .205 injectors and...