1. L

CR170 Turbo and DPF?

My stage 3.5 is kinda smokey on WOT.
  2. L

Stage 3.5 Complete!!

I didnt realize the FIS read out power numbers. That is interesting. Ryan
  3. L

Stage 3.5 Complete!!

Mine is like, that is definitely a diesel and it is definitely not stock. It doesn't look like something is wrong. It would be recognized by other diesel tuners that something has been done to the car. Not that the carissick.
  4. L

Stage 3.5 Complete!!

I will get it ordered tomorrow hopefully and let everyone know how it works.
  5. L

Stage 3.5 Complete!!

Thanks for all the comments guys. I do plan on getting the PolarFIS to monitor my EGT's. The reading I have done says it should still work fine. My stock turbo only had 36xxx miles on it, so I expect my other one to look that way soon. I'm not sure I would notice any more drone with the tips...
  6. L

Stage 3.5 Complete!!

Big thanks to Ben at Ben's TDI Service in Nevada, MO. He is the man when it comes to TDI work in my neck of the woods. Ben had previously done my Stage 2 tune and I went to him to have the Stage 3.5 work done. I went with a Buzzken downpipe with resonator and a cat back with a muffler. Here...
  7. L

EGR/ASV Delete

Thanks. I shot them an email.
  8. L

EGR/ASV Delete

Thanks for the advice. Do you know where I could get the race pipe that deletes the ASV? I have seen them on a few cars, but not for sale. Thanks Ryan
  9. L

EGR/ASV Delete

Bumb for some friendly advice
  10. L

Malone Stage 3.5 tune - monitoring EGT

My tuner did a pull with the stage 3.5 and it got to around 1425 or so from 0-100mph. I don't plan on staying in it that long so that seems completely acceptable to me. I too, want to get the Polar FIS, but I don't think it is required to drive the car.
  11. L

EGR/ASV Delete

I am looking at getting a race pipe. Should I get one that also deletes the ASV, or just get the one that deletes the EGR? I was looking for people's opinion on the situation. Is there anything to be had from also deleting the ASV? Thanks Ryan
  12. L

2.0 CR Fuel Lubricant?

Thanks for replies. Good to know about the additive. I will try it for a few tanks and see what I think. I have some left over supertech so I will use it up too Thanks again
  13. L

2.0 CR Fuel Lubricant?

Thank you for the quick reply. I have deleted my dpf so that particular part should not be an issue. I have read that people use the PowerService along with another additive. What does the PowerService not do that the other additive gives you? I don't want to spend more each fill up than is...
  14. L

2.0 CR Fuel Lubricant?

I used to run Supertech 2stroke oil in my 5.9 CR Cummins. People on the forums said it was the best additive for the money. Does anyone run that in their CR TDI? Is there something else I should be adding? Thanks Ryan
  15. L

Malone Stage 3.5 on 2.0 CR

Thanks for listing those threads. It seems to be a good upgrade, and it is towards the top of my list. I emailed Andrew to get a price for the swap. Ryan
  16. L

I haven't decided what the best way to do that would be. I like the idea of using the Polar FIS as far as a clean look. I am not sure it would work yet with the changes you make for the egt sensors. I wanted to make sure before I pulled the trigger on it. If it does work, I would go that...
  17. L

I just read through that thread. I am really tempted to do it too. Just not sure I can swing that much right now after laying down the money for the stage 3.5 parts. I still want to do a Fluidampr and a race pipe too. That will be about the end of my engine modifications. It's still my...
  18. L

Stage 3.5 on the way!! I will let you know what I think once I get it installed.
  19. L

I gotcha. Thanks for explaining that. I wasn't sure how it worked. The car holds gears too long if I use sport mode now. It runs out of breath up top.
  20. L

So do the clutches hold harder in sport? What exactly is happening