Search results

1. G

Suspension Parts: Brands and Quality

We have recently replaced the control arm links on two B5.5 TDI Passats (04 and 05) with this kit: https://www.cascadegerman.com/product/suspension-control-arm-overhaul-kit-s4-b5-5-tdi/ They are OK so far. I think the bushing material may be stiffer than OEM, it seems I feel minor road bumps...
  2. G

BHW smoke on start up

Anyone?
  3. G

BHW smoke on start up

Also in need of injector rebuild options here - rough running on cold start, 300K miles...Does anyone have a current best recommendation? I found DriveByWire - looks ok on the site, is the company legit? Experiences?
  4. G

2005 B5.5 ABS replacement

Good idea. Actually, didn't need to. Found this tutorial from Ross-Tech: For anyone coding a B5.5 ABS module, it's worth a look first. We're all set, thanks!
  5. G

2005 B5.5 ABS replacement

I hope it's ok to add on to this thread - right now, just swapped an ABS unit from one B5.5 Passat sedan to another. Now it has an 01044 “Control Module Incorrectly Coded” fault. Found this: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2013/MC-10238966-9999.pdf We have a VCDS diagnostic tool. The VW...
  6. G

Comment by 'gmar8099' in media 'IMG_2077.jpeg'

Mine needs the oblong / oval type grommets
  7. G

Auto Trans - 2005 Passat TDI wagon / Manual Trans Chat

Yeah, that's what we figured out - working great now. Is it opposite with the Auto trans - longer shaft on left?
  8. G

I bought a 2004 Passat with the FHN transmission conversion already done. It had a failed CV axle. Isn't it correct that CV axles for a gas B5 Passat should work on these? @oilhammer you're the pro here ;-) I bought a set of GSP new shafts (yeah, I know, cheapo) to get the car mobile. The...
  9. G

WTB B5.5 Passat Driver Floor Mat - All Weather

Hello, I am looking for an OEM driver all weather floor mat for my B5.5 Passat. Please feel free to post or DM me what you have. (I have the other 3) Gerald
  10. G

B5.5 Passat TDI - Crank No Start after Tandem Pump Replacement

@oilhammer thank you for the reply. I had read extensively on the forum, and found nothing that supported what I found, see pics. Thank you for the correction on the part number of the NGK plug. Based on your info, Partstech has it listed incorrectly. All my glow plugs had the same date on...
  11. G

@oilhammer so, if that's an OEM plug, how come the build date 04-10-21? Did they continue to produce these and use them? I thought there was a recall? Are the NGK 7V plugs a safe drop in replacement without any control module reprogramming? GM
  12. G

Ok. So, I just pulled a glow plug. Now I'm not sure, is this an old (bad, break off, ceramic) plug, or is it something better? It's a Bosch with VW OEM markings. 0 250 302 0 02 7V Says: France 04-10-21. I would say looks like steel to me, but 7V steel a possibility?
  13. G

Hi there, Just installed a new tandem pump. I've cycled the key repeatedly, probably cranked through 20 cycles or so of 5 seconds each with no attempt to start. Am I missing something? Is there a bleed procedure? I don't think the fuel hoses are mixed up at the pump, because they aren't...
  14. G

I've found what I need, dealing with @50harleyrider Thanks everyone.
  15. G

Wanted: Auto Trans - GMR - 2005 VW Passat TDI

I saw that one, concerned about the mileage on it...
  16. G

Well, reverse finally quit on my wagon. I could install a reman transmission, but it's stretching my budget and the car is barely worth it at 300k miles... Posted a want ad here: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/wanted-auto-trans-gmr-2005-vw-passat-tdi.533105/ Open to other ideas...
  17. G

Wanted: Auto Trans - GMR - 2005 VW Passat TDI

Anyone have a good used transmission for 2005 Passat TDI wagon? Mine had weak reverse for a while, now it doesn't work at all. I am considering a reman but the car is barely worth it at 300K miles. Feel free to post here or DM me what you have.
  18. G

05 TDI Passat stuff for sale

Do you still have the GMR transmission?
  19. G

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

Excellent write up on this subject!