Search results

1. L

NHTSA Update on CR HPFP failure investigation

That's what the sticker claimed,with the A6 getting 40 mpg hwy. My old 93 Civic got a best of 43/hwy (calculated) with the AC off. It was a 100hp 1.5L with a M5. Some sob stole it in 2006.
  2. L

Yes,I noticed that during the drive. I like these and may take a chance on a '14;if not,I'll still be monitoring developments for a possible future purchase.
  3. L

I drove two new TDIs yesterday...a Golf and a Jetta. They had no M6 cars available. Traffic was pretty heavy on 1-410 and it this was around 2-3 PM and the 3-4 mile drive,while also talking with the sales guy,was not much to go on. If I were to buy,I'd get a Jetta with the manual. He...
  4. L

Thanks. I used to live in SS until '89. I'd love one of these...maybe I'll search for used...don't know at this point. Have a good day.
  5. L

Is the HPFP failure still an issue on the current TDIs? I was thinking of buying one but......
  6. L

Cheap Diesel: 2014 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Value Edition Costs $22,115

Hi...noob potential TDI buyer here. Can you tell me more/elaborate on the HPFP and intercooler issues,please. I'm looking at a TDI Golf tomorrow. I have no experience with turbos or diesels.
  7. L

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Did it need tires and glow plugs replaced at 24k or was it more of a preventive measure?
  8. L

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Hello,I'm thinking of buying a new TDI...not sure which model. My current car is a 2012 Civic Si. It is quick,fast,fun but I'm looking for higher mpg nowadays.