Search results

1. C

Fish or cut bait on my 2011 JSW?

The dealer I got it from took it back for very close (by close i mean within 2k) to what I paid for it and I got a 2016 Hyundai Elantra Limited for the price I paid for my TDI. Had some rebates to kick back some of the negative equity. I was limited on what I could get because of the situation...
  2. C

Fish or cut bait on my 2011 JSW?

After my DPF broke after 28k miles on my 13 I cut my losses and ditched it. If something that expensive breaks that early, I was only going to have more problems down the road. Good riddance.
  3. C

Should I trade my TDI in?

The only thing "fun" about driving a TDI is the gobs of torque you get at low RPM, other wise they are about just as "fun" to drive as a Toyota, Hyundai, Honda...etc. Seriously, it's not like these things handle well or are fun in the twisties, they are good for a nice little punch off the...
  4. C

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

Lmao what a damn joke. Glad my TDI is gone. Props to those who still love theirs. But after my DPF cracked at 27k miles, I'm glad I am out of that junk. VW has a lot of work to do and I can safely say I'll never recommend a VW/audi to anybody ever again no matter how good the MPG is. The money...
  5. C

Trade-in experiences for another VW

My VW dealer called me and offered to help work something out since I had bought it literally two days before the scandal. I entertained it and went in to look at a 13 GLI Autobahn that had 40k miles on it. After was all said and done they wanted about as much for the GLI as a brand new...
  6. C

For all you "DMCA makes tuning illegal" guys

It's so funny how hell bent against tuning people are on here. Unless it PHYSICALLY hurts you in anyway, go on about your day and quit being a nancy. I'm not talking hurting over a course of 30 years, I'm talking like the car pulls out a gun and shoots you because it was tuned and it knows you...
  7. C

Are Diesel cleaner than Gas cars?

VW admitting that CO2 and MPG figures on 800,000 gas powered cars could be wrong as well...
  8. C

Another HPFP? And at Just 40k!

Aftermarket. Andrew (2micron on here) does them. He's holding off on production at the moment until the diesel thing is figured out.
  9. C

Are Diesel cleaner than Gas cars?

Cleaner, but more expensive to maintain.
  10. C

Emissiongate poll

This is what upsets me about VW though. Why should the owners have to take the HPFP bs into their own hands instead of just replacing them with upgraded, better made units. Like, we shouldn't have to dump 3-4k (price of tune(s), exhaust and CP3 upgrade lumped together) into a newish car JUST to...
  11. C

Selling a TDI in a post #Dieselgate world

They ended up giving me 15,200 for the TDI. I actually ended up getting a 2016 Hyundai. Rebates and warranty cancellation off the old car covered the negative equity i had in the TDI and now I have a brand new car that gets 38 mpg highway, and better optioned than my TDI was, and I'm paying less...
  12. C

Selling a TDI in a post #Dieselgate world

I guess dealerships shouldn't be allowed to make money then? Buying for 15 and selling for 19 is a solid profit and actually leaves them room to move down in price because they most likely will. It's a business driven by money, they aren't going to give you full fair market value for it, nobody...
  13. C

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

A dealer that had a GLI I was kind of interested offered me 14500 for my 2013 Jetta TDI with 27k on it. Sooooo yeah I'll be waiting for that VW check lol.
  14. C

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

I still think a buyback is unlikely. Compensating owners AND doing the fix would be far cheaper for them I would think. Which makes me wonder, how much compensation is enough for you guys? I really don't know what to expect from them as far as that is concerned. What would be a reasonable...
  15. C

Eh, they are probably the same people who believe we don't need law enforcement or a government either. Just asinine.
  16. C

Jetta Insta-torque

Ugh, I'm pretty jealous of the XT. I wanted to find one so bad before I got my TDI but they really werent around.
  17. C

Anyone successfully used the $2k loyalty to trade out a TDI?

Oh I know, my mom had an 04 tahoe that had MASSIVE electrical issues after it hit 100k. I'm talking 3 different dealerships and a few independent shops couldnt chase down what it was. They finally managed to take it to a honda dealer on a day it decided to work, got 11k for it and drove away in...
  18. C

I mean, you're no better. You have in your sig and under your profile name touting that you traded your TDI after diesel gate, dont really think anybody cares to be honest. So if he's an apologist, you're a chicken little :D
  19. C

I'm willing to bet the power loss, if any, is minimal.
  20. C

40K TDI / DSG Maintenance Cost?

The service is going to cost me 174 dollhairs That's the price of the oil/oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter, DSG fluid/filter. A day and my garage floor, better than getting bent for 5-600 at the dealer. Edit: well after doing a bit of reading, probably won't mess with the...