Search results

1. R

2005 jeep liberty 2.8l crd

I though it had something to do with Cooling but most cars don't have these it has a clutch identical to a air conditioner thanks. And I love my jeep pulls my 21 foot boat from sandy hook new jersey to niaraga falls new york at 22 miles per gallon.
  2. R

2005 jeep liberty 2.8l crd

Hello I was just wondering looking at the front of the engine upper left corner, there is a clutch & pump but it's not the air conditioner that's lower right corner does any one know what that pump is or does. Bob
  3. R

2002 vw tdi wont cold start

It's like a 100 rpm up and down only for a few minutes after a cold start in the morning. After that smooth all day
  4. R

Yes it's a ruff idle for the first few minutes as soon as you drive a block or two it smooths out.
  5. R

I guess. But it's time to catch up on routine maintenance. Vacuum lines, filters, etc. Again thanks for all the great advice you guys had. Thanks bob
  6. R

But also I am having a rpm surge at first warm up like. 100 rpm up and down and after a few minutes it smoothy goes away. It's been doing this for sometime now. I guess it's time for new filters, vacuum lines. Etc. Routine maintenance does anyone recommend a good diesel injector cleaner
  7. R

Well guys problem solved it wad the timming was set at the lowest retard timming at 180 degrees and if you follow the chart at 60 degrees you will be way off the chart. That now it starts in the first crank and no smoke. Thanks for all your help one great forum site Again thanks bob
  8. R

Question I am told never lossen the large nut on the induction pump or you will throw off the factory timming. But is there a key way on that shaft.
  9. R

Oh and I am told never lossen the large nut on the injection pump. Or you will throw off the factory timming but is there a keyway on that shaft anyway
  10. R

Haven't got to the mechanic yet but the engine is starting on its oun no starting fluid. But when sitting over night it takes 3 good cycles to fire it up. Then the rest of the day it's fine. Plus at first in the morning lots of smoke still Bob
  11. R

Sandy hook
  12. R

I am going to a good mechanic this time with all the stuff and VCDS and show him this tread too. On Friday. I will let all yous know how I make out. Thank for all the advice. Bob
  13. R

Great will do and I will get back with the results. Does anyone have an idea how far off is this sucker hole and in what direction to turn the pully to find it
  14. R

The strangest thing is none of this happened before the water pump was replaced
  15. R

The ip pump pin can it be missed place in a wrong tru hole or is there but only one way to fit it in. Because the timing gears were all set with the ip pin, cam shaft, tool and the crank shaft mark showing. And the ip pump gear is set in the middle before tighten the 3 bolts
  16. R

I can't understand why cranking speed what is good both a new starter and battery won't start the engine. But that baby shot of starting fluid fires that engine up in less than 1 turn of the engine why dosent tge diesel fuel fire up. Let the engine run for a minute shut it off and she will fire...
  17. R

So the ip pump does all the suction of fuel from the tank to the engine
  18. R

The smoking problem is another question ti figure out yet. Oh it's a 2002 vw jetta 1.9l diesel with a automatic transmission plus it's got 300,000 miles
  19. R

I have a machinic with the soft wear for the timming. But the kick in the pants is that none of this was happening last week before we did the water pump and timming belt. Off hand do you know if there is a fuel pump under the rear seat. I feel no humming when cycling the ignition key. That...
  20. R

Oh I have 2 black fuel lines no clear should I replace the fuel supply line with a clear hose