Search results

1. B

2005.5 Jetta open door sensor

Ok, problem solved. Checked fuses and found 10amp fuse blown in fuse box. Must have blown when working on wiring harness because they were fine when checked before starting on this whole project. Now all I have left to fix is micro switch in the door latch. Probably next weekends project:D
  2. B

Also have front door locking problems with this issue. Hooked up VCDS and have this code on both front doors. Supply voltage for door controller 002 lower limit exceeded. This leads me to believe I may still have a broken wire in door but why would it affect right door since I did no work there...
  3. B

After repairing broken wires in drivers door wiring harness, dash indicator still says door is open when it's closed. Is this function controlled by the door module/window regulator or what senses that the door is open? When I do a search on my online bently manual I can't find anything about a...
  4. B

engine coolant fans

Great news, success on almost every front. Engine coolant fan problems solved. Fans work great. On the wiring harness end, everything repaired and works except in dash indicator still shows driver door is open when it is closed. Had to button everything back up to use car tomorrow. Will need to...
  5. B

engine coolant fans

Took the fans out today and found big fan with a brush that looked to be hanging up. Small fan had a brush completely hung up and not even touching armature. Had to force it out with a small screwdriver. Cleaned everything up and JB welded covers back on the fans and letting them set up and cure...
  6. B

engine coolant fans

Last summer when this all started I did clear a high pressure ac code out of the system when I checked it. The first place I will go then is to the fans with the info you gave me Oilhammer. I would guess if it threw a code for high pressure the RCV must be doing it's job. Thanks for the reply to...
  7. B

engine coolant fans

Did a test with vagcom today and can't get cooling fans to run. Problem started last summer with ac kicking off at a standstill in traffic but working fine while air is moving over condenser. Did cooling fans go bad or is my ac compressor rcv valve the culprit?
  8. B

2005.5 Jetta AC condenser fans

So which fuse controls engine fans? The owners manual doesn't list it specifically.
  9. B

2005.5 Jetta AC condenser fans

Is there some type of sensor that detects when the vehicle is moving. AC works great when moving but blows hot air when stopped because condenser/radiator cooling fans don't activate. They also used to activate when shutting car off after driving but this no longer happens either. Only code...
  10. B

VAG-COM Plotting Software

Thanks for the info!!!! I'll give it a try.
  11. B

VAG-COM Plotting Software

how to use So, being computer stupid, once I have logs saved on my laptop how do I view them with this application. I need some step by step directions on how to use it. I have a Dell laptop with windows 7 home version on it. Will this work? Thanks!!!!1
  12. B

2005.5 Jetta PD BRM turbo

Since I bought this car I've had the ongoing problem of engine loading up and smoking from 1600-2100 rpm. My question is, can the adjustment on the variable vanes on the turbo be set too far? I have found out when I take the vacuum source off the vane actuator I can drive it and have no issues...
  13. B

Jetta 05.5 BRM cam replace

After reading the procedure, I have one question. At tdc after making reference marks, I turn the crankshaft pulley 1/4 turn clockwise which would be 90 degrees right? Thanks!!!!!!
  14. B

Jetta 05.5 BRM cam replace

I have ordered a cam kit from Franko6 and will be doing the job when it comes. He told me and I should have wrote the process down about doing it without removing the tandem pump. Can anyone enlighten me on this procedure or tell me where I might find it on the forum so I can follow a written...