Search results

1. L

Toyota MR2 TDI UK based

My Toyota MR2 TDI conversion is up for sale, details here in he ebay listing UK based https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332681938012 Plenty more to see onthe build thread here http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=422617
  2. L

Mr2 tdi

Hi Folks the MR2 TDI is for sale, I think I might have forgotten to put a post up here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332681938012
  3. L

Mr2 tdi

Thanks folks, I'm hoping to have some good pics ready this week and the car all prepared so I'll get a post up in the for sale section.
  4. L

Mr2 tdi

Hi everybody. I’ve done 55000 trouble free miles in the car now. And it seems the time has come for another project. I would like to go electric next, short range but serious acceleration for a nice little commute to work car. The MR2 is an ideal candidate...... However to start...
  5. L

Mr2 tdi

Have a look on page 5 and 6. I cut all four roughly in half, then attached the VW gearbox halfs and the Toyota wheel halfs, then marked them up and cut them a little shorter so they would meet. Them welded them together, removed them and sent them off to a company called CPS Drivelink up in...
  6. L

Mr2 tdi

Hi folks its been a while, I've done about 12000 miles in Mr Two now and its going very well. I have recently done a few little jobs to try and get it up to scratch. Firstly I've painted up and cut the holes in spare MR2 dash that someone kindly gave me :) That's now fitted and doesn't have...
  7. L

Mr2 tdi

After spending several hours fixing the bio machine I finally got round to making some more adjustments to Mr Two. This one is to make the car a little more "get in and drive" when someone else uses it, rather than spending 10 minutes explaining the little nuances of the car. I wanted the...
  8. L

Mr2 tdi

Mike, I'm really quite pleased with the 500 ohm resistor. Don't worry about messing with that other ECU, I wonder if it might be lots of work for only a small gain over the resistor bodge. The current ECU is now happy too, no flashing light, only one fault code (ABS, what ABS??).
  9. L

Mr2 tdi

I could, but to be honest I'm really happy with the extra power that 500ohms gets me :) It's cost that's holding me back, I'm a terrible cheap-skate :)
  10. L

Mr2 tdi

After a frustrating morning (set about fixing the missus brakes only to find the locking wheel nut key was missing), I went and fetched Mr Two and had a go at improving the gear shift. On the way back in the MR2 something went wrong for the first time :( One of the gear change cables broke (at...
  11. L

Mr2 tdi

m1ketdi, thanks very much for the two links you posted in your reply. I read through those pages several times. I tried looking for the pin numbers they talked about but it seems my loom from the Seat Toledo and my ECU from the Octavia (which worked fine together) was different to the Golf Mk4...
  12. L

Mr2 tdi

This means THE CRUISE CONTROL WORKS :) Very pleased :) I've yet to mount the switch properly but the tricky bit is done :) I've fitted some speakers and a crappy radio for now, so it's been nice having the radio for the daily commute. I've mounted some mini push switches for the MFA...
  13. L

Mr2 tdi

I've not written an update for a while and I've done a few bits over the weeks. I've been driving in a much more normal way now (not lorry chasing). Like fury early on Sunday mornings :) and at least matching motorway traffic speeds on my long daily commute. The average figure over a few...
  14. L

Mr2 tdi

yeah UK ones :) 4.546L Thanks I'm not done building mine yet, let alone the next one :)
  15. L

Mr2 tdi

Well I've done well over 500 miles in Mr Two now and I'm falling in love with it. It really is exactly right! Fast, economical, loads of fun, and really quite tolerable on a long run. I love it (did I mention that). I can now confidently say that I have accurately measured the MPG and...
  16. L

Mr2 tdi

thanks Mark :)
  17. L

Mr2 tdi

Thanks ATR, Nicklockard, I would like to do that, I understand that its a much better ways of making the best of the engine. I will get round to this but for cost reasons I won't do it for while. I still haven't brimmed it for a proper calculated MPG yet, but this was the figure on the...
  18. L

Mr2 tdi

Thanks There are a number of things still to do (things that I knew about) and a number of new minor issues to solve, so I’ll keep checking in here. I’d like to take it to the drag strip just once and put it against a standard MR2 petrol (NA) I’d like to see how far off it is. And of...
  19. L

Mr2 tdi

The smoke cleared on the way to the MOT station :) i think it must have been oil in the exhaust (bought from ebay). The brakes cleaned up and passed ok and i have had an absolutely awesome day driving through Wales with her indoors, in Mr Two :) we are now canping ready for more MR2 TDI fun...
  20. L

Mr2 tdi

Unfortunately I snapped one of the studs :( so I'm hoping a replacement arrives before Saturday. Then the brakes were put back on and the spacer fitted. Fronts done, just the rears to go (the front had just been jacked up at this point so is a little high). All done! and once again...