Search results

1. S

New car: BMW 335D!

Transmission is pretty good. Not a smooth as our DSG but clean smooth shifts. I did a lot of research before buying the car and went with one that was under warranty until August this year. Carbon build up is an issue but the cost of the procedure has gone way down. $500-$800. My car had it...
  2. S

New car: BMW 335D!

Hey folks, Well decided to get ahead of the curve and pick up a new (ish) car and decided on a 2011 BMW 335D. At $17k, I couldn't find anything better! Anyone else thinking about switching to a 335d?
  3. S

335d, should I get one?

Well looks like I am going to pick it up this evening. Let's hope that it is a good car! I posted more about it here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1324744
  4. S

335d, should I get one?

Car has been dealer maintained until August. From talking with the owner, driving the vehicle, and seeing the service records, it seems like he has taken very good care of it. I'm just worried about the nightmare stories with carbon build up... So much fun to drive. $17 a good deal? Can...
  5. S

335d, should I get one?

Thanks for the advice folks. Still on the fence. What do you think I will be investing per year in maintenance? I'm pretty handy and am sure I could do some of it myself. Are we talking about $1k per year or more? The car seems to have been meticulously maintained at the dealer. So...
  6. S

335d, should I get one?

Hi Folks, Took a look at a 2011 335d with 65k miles and just off of its CPO warrenty. Car is perfect and has 2 new tires with 2 in decent shape. The guy might take $17k for it. What do you think? Should I bite the bullet and upgrade from my 2013 Jetta tdi (buyback). Anyone have good or...
  7. S

Should I buy a used 2013 with 100k+ miles?

As always the wisdom from this site is invaluable. I will not buy the car because of the following: 1. I might as well keep my car and just be paid the difference for the fix. 2. If the fix is approved, there will hopefully be a flood of certified pre-owned TDIs (with new warranties) to hit...
  8. S

Should I buy a used 2013 with 100k+ miles?

Hi Folks, I am debating whether or not it is a good investment to buy another 2013 TDI. I currently have one that I bought new and which I will be trading in. The car has over 100K miles, will need the DSG service, new tires, a new glow plug, a lower control arm bushing, full services on...
  9. S

Help? Audi A3 2013 TDI - Rebuilt title - 33k miles - $12k

Thanks. The guy (who works at a body shop) estimated that it would take about 2k worth of work to get it back in shape. It is all cosmetic (other than the seatbelt). I got him down to $11k. What do you think? Hit him at $10k? Use my $500 VW giftcard to get a new seatbelt?
  10. S

Help? Audi A3 2013 TDI - Rebuilt title - 33k miles - $12k

Hey Folks, Curious if you think I should go after this Audi A3 TDI 2013 with a rebuilt title. It looks like it was in a collision where the driver hit something in front of him and then was rear ended. The seatbelt seems to have been locked up and there is minor damage on the front and rear...
  11. S

Address different on title/id vs. registration - WA State

Hi Folks, I am a little worried that my title/id has my old address on them (they are changed in the WA state system but WA doesn't send out new ones) and my registration has my new address. Should I be worried, or go ahead and submit them? I am using my new address for the buyback. Any...
  12. S

$500 Dealer Card - Seattle, WA

Hi Folks, Don't really need my $500 dealership card right now so I wanted to see if any fellow TDIers would like to purchase it. How does $490 sound? Would like to meet in person at University VW in Seattle. That way you can verify the amount on the card. Feel free to send me a PM if you are...
  13. S

Recall - Emissions - Our Jetta TDIs are affected.

Looks like VW is in a little bit of trouble: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/business/volkswagen-is-ordered-to-recall-nearly-500000-vehicles-over-emissions-software.html?_r=0
  14. S

New VW Recall

I wonder if this will affect our jettas as well: http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1098023_bosch-fuel-pump-recall-expands-to-include-2015-volkswagen-golf-gti-audi-a3 It would be nice to have the problematic fuel pump replaced free of charge.
  15. S

VW Recall

Brought mine to the dealer today for a different issue. Looks like they are installing the support plates regardless of a previous accident.
  16. S

2013 Jetta TDI dies while in regen

No takers on this one? Isolated incident?
  17. S

2013 Jetta TDI dies while in regen

Well something interesting happened today. While city driving, I felt the car go into regen and as I mentioned in a earlier the post the car began to shake with revs slightly going up and down. This started to happen recently during regen. Then just as the light turned green I went forward...
  18. S

Treadwear: Front vs Rear

Along these lines, my car is currently at the dealer for the 20k service. They just said the tires are wearing in correctly and don't need to be rotated... Are they just lazy or is this normal?
  19. S

Rough fluctuating idle

It happened twice in one day though. So I don't think it was the regen. Any ideas?
  20. S

Rough fluctuating idle

2013 Jetta TDI - DSG 17.5k miles Today after a short drive to work I noticed that the idle was a bit funny when I stopped. It was surging up and down about 100 rpm but it could be felt throughout the car. Unlike the usual regen where the idle just dips this one was surging. I managed to get a...