Search results

1. D

Pre-Fest Road Trip: 5000 Miles...

Guess I'm not missed anymore:(. I can't even find anyone nearby with a Vag-Com.
  2. D

Hard Starting~~~Help an Oldtimer

UPDATE: When I cycled the GPs 3-4 times it starts easier as said before~~~with coolant temp sensor disconected, it starts right up after 5+ seconds. Have an appointment with Fine Tuning Performance in Seattle~~~could not find a TDIer with a Vag-Com close by Gig Harbor.
  3. D

UPDATE~~~today @ 60 degrees it started fine~~~I just made sure Icycled the glow plugs 4-5 time. Will be looking for a member close by with a Vag-com. THANKS to all for your help!!!
  4. D

I had the battery out but didn't clean the points~~~grounding doesn't seem to be a problem. I don't really have any specialized tools~~~just metric/torx. This is the 1st problem I've had other than the clutch @ 60K~~~now @70K.
  5. D

`oilhammer~~~THANK YOU! Please don't think I am unappreciative. I've been working at most of the day~~~it's now 71 degrees and it is starting fine~~~it's affected by the ambient temp. I do not have a scan tool or even worse, the computer expertise to use one. If tomorrow AM I'm still having...
  6. D

I checked the 3 fuses on top of the battery and they are OK.
  7. D

whitedog~~~I have the battery out tracing the GP harness. Someone said that was a simple job~~~gheeze, louise!!! There's a crap load of tape to cut and replace~~~I'll put it back together and unhoop the sensor and let you know. Maybe I am dense~~~is what some of you are saying is that I would...
  8. D

I haven't been sittting on my butt waiting for replys~~~seem the GP harness could be the problem~~~I'm working on that now. BUT I would have thought I would get a CEL it the GP harness wasn't connected.
  9. D

I ran it up to operating temp and it starts fine~~~it's gotta be no power to th GPs. Can anyone tell me where the fuse and relay are???
  10. D

Thanks whitedog~~~it was actually 46.7. Here's where I'm at now, With the GP harness removed and at 61.5, it took the three 10 scond trys(now SOP) to start and there is no CEL. Redmond is about 1.5-2 hours away, but I'll make the run if I have too. THX again!
  11. D

Thanks oilhammer, but I don't have a scanner. The glow plug light seems to be set @ the minimum~~~1-2 seconds and these 50 degree mornings, it should stay on longer.
  12. D

I was one of the 1st TDI forum members but haven't been on the forum for years. This is probably a FAQ but I've been searching thru threads for hours to no avail. My 03 Jetta just started having a hard time starting because the weather here turned cold. I have to crank it 2-3 times for about...
  13. D

WTB/Epsilonian Device

THANKS Scott!!! I called Rene and it sounded like he was already celebrating the holidays. Anyway he wanted waaaaay to much for one~~~if memory serves, the last time I bought one was for $15~~~not $40. Hopefully someone will have one in the back of their garage~~~otherwise I'll get out the...
  14. D

WTB/Epsilonian Device

Mine gave up the ghost and I find that Rene(Valois) has been banned. ANY help GREATLY appreciated!
  15. D

additional key/remote?

Here it is.. If you have two (or more) working keys of your car, then you also the option of doing it without using a VAG-COM. Just do the following: 1. Insert any one of the working keys into the ignition lock and switch to the ON position without starting the engine. 2. Using any of the...
  16. D

additional key/remote?

I had a copy of the procedure years ago and need it now~~~I'll just keep looking. It's close to how you described it.
  17. D

Flitz Metal/Fiberglass Polish @ Below My Cost

I don't know why the ebay link is not working~~~Item number: 4555942915 under seller sat-solar.
  18. D

1st of all, I'm not a vendor & I'm not posting in the vendor section~~~I just bought some of the metal polish & polishing balls in quantity becaused I was impressed with the products. $49.99 vs $27.69 for the polish. I've only got a few left thanks to ebay...
  19. D

Add a Mother's Powerball for $22 or a Flitz Polishing ball for $20 !!!
  20. D

$30 shipped~~~Retails for $49.99 @ www.flitz.com Use it with a Flitz polishing ball for AMAZING results!!! Watch Oxidation , Tarnish, and Rust melt away with ease. Saves you time and money and effort. Built-in protection lasts for up to 6 months with Anti-Tarnish Formula. Patented...