Search results

1. N

DSG sucks - and not in a good way...

What? The DSG operates flawlessly. What in the world are you trying to do by shifting above 4500 RPMs??? There is no (ZERO) power from the TDI engine at that RPM. Diesels operate high torque at LOW RPMs. ALL diesels operate this way. And the VW TDI DSG is no cheap car by any stretch. You...
  2. N

2010 Jetta TDI Owners - Please Report your Experience

2010 Jetta TDI, DSG Sedan or Wagon - SEDAN -Manual or DSG - DSG -When delivered - Three Months ago -Price paid [no not include taxes and fees - just the car] relative to MSRP - MSRP -Current miles - 8K -Any problems? Fixed? Not? Tell us the story - None!!! -Fuel consumption data - ~45-50MPG...
  3. N

Things I have learned that severely affect MPG

I have a 2005 TDI, five speed. I frequently drive from VA to NY and back to the mileage of over 4000 miles per month. I regularly get 55 to 60 MPG. My best has been 63.3 MPG. And each time I filler-up I fill to the cap. On rare occasion I was getting 43-45 MPG on the same trip. Because I...
  4. N

Recall for ceramic glow plugs

ECM and Glow Plug Replacement Recall Very strange. My Check Engine light came on last week. The stored code is Cylinder 1 Glow plug problem. And, I too got my recall notice today, August 10th, 2009. My mileage is 106,000. What mileage is other folks seeing when the check engine light comes...
  5. N

Newbies and Vets: Tips for better fuel economy!

Fuel Economy You guys have posted some great tips. I drive from Virginia to New York every other week and sometimes every weekend. My car is a 2005 TDI Golf. Everything is stock, no aftermarket anything. I regularly get 60 - 62MPG. They key is to use a good grade fuel, as many guys have...